Green border around browsers

• ESET Staff
On 11/21/2022 at 5:39 PM, broderframefix said:

Anyways I've said what I needed to, I will check back in a month because my subscription runs into early next year and I can reinstall if this border frame feature is fully removed or full remove toggle is added. Otherwise I'll just look into a new solution after 1 month.

On 12/7/2022 at 3:21 AM, SOMAR said:

My green border shows for about 4 seconds then goes away. I literally will not renew my ESET again if this isn't fixed. Its annoying....

Just reminder for those of you who may be missing the latest update that "Browser's green frame" setting was modified and now when it's disabled, the badge and green frame are not showing at all. It remains only for orange and red status.

EIS > F5 > Web and email > Banking & Payment protection > Browser's green frame

Edited by constexpr

• 1 month later...

Instead of asking users a thousand questions, please just tell your developers to stop messing with the end users' border colors. Do not make us regret purchasing ESET products.

Thank you.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, PursesFrown said:

Instead of asking users a thousand questions, please just tell your developers to stop messing with the end users' border colors. Do not make us regret purchasing ESET products.

You can disable the green frame as follows:

Advanced setup (F5) > Web and email > Banking & Payment protection > Browser's green frame

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2022 at 6:44 AM, constexpr said:

Just to be clear, there are 2 possible scenarios. Please try both:

1. Does it fade away (immediately), when you check "Hide browser's green frame" and then click on (x) icon?image.png
  2. Does it fade away (4 seconds after browser start), when you go to EIS > F5 (Advanced setup) > Web and email > Banking & Payment protection and disable Browser's green frame?image.png

i tried option 2 but am still seeing a red border around chrome and firefox on windows 10. i do not see how to get to option 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, liunit92 said:

i tried option 2 but am still seeing a red border around chrome and firefox on windows 10. i do not see how to get to option 1

Please provide:
1, Logs collected with ESET Log Collector when the browser is running
2, A Procmon log from the time of launching the secured browser.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Glassertje said:

Why is the green border not disabled by default? It is very annoying and i can't imagine that someone let it enabled.

You have the option to hide it if you don't want the green border to be shown. For most of other users it's an important indicator that the browser is protected and that they can perform bank transactions safely.