Endpoint Security Anti phishing non functional

cookieboy69

1 hour ago, Noel Allan said:

Not for people who have rebooted there pc's, if there is...please direct me to it..

Yes there is you patch that you need to run depending on the network you can push it via a gpo for example. 

We are still waiting for solution for affected (restarted and not working) 6.5 stations.

Setting time to past and manually re-install is not a solution for us, also CertFix1 is not working with our verion.

We're also stuck waiting with a bunch of clients on 6.5.2094.0 and for some reason a single one on 6.5.2107.1 both of which are not in the certfix's listed versions.

I know this probably means crunch time for your developers and I feel sorry for them, but we kind of need this fix asap.

Same here, we have around 80 clients with 6.5.2094.0 (Endpoint Antivirus, not Security) where the certfix cannot be applied, i hope this version will be added to the fix soon.

Edited by Francisco Q
Clarify version

2 hours ago, Glitch said:

Yes there is you patch that you need to run depending on the network you can push it via a gpo for example. 

Glitch, we are not stupid. We know there is a fix, but there is only a fix for certain versions. Our version is not covered in the fix.

Hello,

we have over 300 clients with version  6.5.12014 ...

but an Update isn't possible because the Module update is inactive... Update have stopped on 09.02.20....

we need a hotfix for this version...

Greetings

Mario

On 2/11/2020 at 5:45 AM, Marcos said:

Tomorrow (on Feb 11, 2020) we should have a fix ready for Endpoint v5 as well as for other 6.5 versions that are not easily remediable. We will be also releasing a new version of the Antivirus and antispyware module that will patch affected products on machines that have not been restarted yet and where ESET is not malfunctioning.

Understand that ESET is working on this. Could you please indicate when can we expect to receive the second version of the patch that supports the rest of the affected versions? We need to provide customers a clear picture on this.

• Administrators

If everything  goes well, including testing, we should have ultimate solutions for affected products ready today. The plan is also to have new 6.5 installers of the products with a fix included.

We're glad we're not alone in this. We have ESET ES 5.0.2265.1 on about 150 PC stations. When certificates were revoked and ESET was unable to run with many exceptions and individual settings, it was forced to switch to the integrated Windows antivirus - DEFENDER, which unexpectedly cleaned up the file system of each computer, resulting in removing your own programs, scripts, etc. Will FIX correct these consequences?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, imtek said:

We're glad we're not alone in this. We have ESET ES 5.0.2265.1 on about 150 PC stations. When certificates were revoked and ESET was unable to run with many exceptions and individual settings, it was forced to switch to the integrated Windows antivirus - DEFENDER, which unexpectedly cleaned up the file system of each computer, resulting in removing your own programs, scripts, etc. Will FIX correct these consequences?

To put it right, no certificates were revoked. As for Defender cleaning "programs, scripts, etc.", what do you mean exactly? Did Defender clean your programs and scripts that you had had on machines before Endpoint stopped working? If so, I take it they were false positives by Defender and Microsoft should fix them and possibly help you restore them from quarantine if the files are still there.

@Marcosi just tried installing the latest version through our admin console for our affected versions on 1 machine as a test, but because this bug has practically disabled the anti virus software from functioning, it was unable to install version 7.2 as it stated the program was installed, but not running but i can clearly see it running on the machine in question. 

is there a workaround for this or should we just wait for this "ultimate version" to come into effect?

5 minutes ago, andyuni said:

@Marcosi just tried installing the latest version through our admin console for our affected versions on 1 machine as a test, but because this bug has practically disabled the anti virus software from functioning, it was unable to install version 7.2 as it stated the program was installed, but not running but i can clearly see it running on the machine in question. 

is there a workaround for this or should we just wait for this "ultimate version" to come into effect?

Workaround is to set back the system date of that machine to February 6th, after that ESET will be alive again and you can upgrade via the console. Keep in mind that database applications sometimes can't handle date changes.  

Other options is to set back the date, ESET will recover, press Update now and the fixed will be installed, reset the date back and upgrade. 

Just now, andyuni said:

@glitch, you want me to do this for over 200 machines? that simply is not going to work.

I understand just trying to assist in this matter we have issues and thousands of endpoints. Although we had a version that was able to fix with certfix they create but still a lot of manual operations. 

7 minutes ago, SandipThanki said:

Hello Team,

Problem not resolved in 6.5.2107.1 EES.any solution for that version??

Regards,

Sandeep

Right now the only solution for 6.5.2107.1 is change date to 6 Feb , Restart and update , Then Correct Date. ( Not Good for large network)

• Administrators

In a few hours we expect to have a fix for Endpoint v5. As mentioned before, it will smoothly upgrade affected clients to the latest version 5 not affected by the issue. We are also going to release another Update module for Endpoint v5 users who have not restarted the machines yet and can update.

Besides that we are going to publish a fix for all v6.5 versions. The fix is intended for any v6.5 version that is already broken. However, after patching v6.5, it will be necessary to upgrade either to the latest Endpoint v7 or to a fixed version 6.5 that we're about to publish as well if upgrade is not possible yet for whatever reason.

We can assure you that we have been working hard on delivering a fix as soon as possible, however, we had to take different approaches to fixing the issue in different versions which hindered delivery of the fix.