the eset live grid servers cannot be reached

I've thought about that too. If there are some kind of glitch in the Connection and it's sensitive and put out that notification.

i'm using Cable Ethernet directly, and no wifi/router.

• Most Valued Members

Have only had this issue once since the thread was created, and it was confirmed by ESET themself to be an outage on their server. Funny how it affects some and not others <_<

There are lots of things that need to be considered that can cause the loss to the servers, high bandwidth consuming streaming , using bit torrent or similar file sharing apps , bad routing or load on the internet itself (causing regional issues), loss via Wi-Fi signal, Blocklisting software, poorly configured adapters, bad router settings,  are just SOME starting points.

Maybe if ESET has a webpage where the "LIVE" status of the LiveGrid server was displayed , with a Green / Amber/ Red light type of alert then the forums might not get flooded with messages either.

Edited by cyberhash
add

49 minutes ago, cyberhash said:

Maybe if ESET has a webpage where the "LIVE" status of the LiveGrid server was displayed , with a Green / Amber/ Red light type of alert then the forums might not get flooded with messages either.

Great idea!

• Administrators
15 hours ago, persian-boy said:

Yesterday I got this problem but only for 10 minutes -_- Anyway, the live Gird is not that useful for novice users because it will not make a decision even when knows a file is risky...

Please refrain from making false statements to discourage users from keeping LiveGrid enabled. In fact, it's extremely important to keep it enabled, otherwise the gap until new malware is recognized may grow from seconds or minutes to hours ! Needless to say that LiveGrid enables scanners to omit whitelisted files from scanning and thus improve performance.

I didn't have the message again since Sunday October 29th while connected to the internet.

When I use VPN and lose internet access I do get the message but then it's correct because there's no internet connection.

My 'home-internet' to my desktop is via ethernet-cables, so no wifi.

This morning I received "the dredded" Eset yellow GUI exclamation point after boot that LiveGrid was not accessible. No network connectivity issues shown after the desktop initialize. It took around a minute for the alert to disappear.

I will also add that associated with this was a slower than normal Win 10 boot time. It really does appear that Eset just "hiccups" at times in regard to this issue.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, KiteR said:

So is it safe to update to EIS 11 or not? Looking at the boards, there seems to be a bunch of issues.

I'm not aware of any issues with v11 except one with gamer mode.

• Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, Marcos said:

I'm not aware of any issues with v11 except one with gamer mode.

When is the fix for this planned to be released?

On 11/3/2017 at 6:46 AM, cyberhash said:

Agreed, also including activation server status etc. Its does seems nice to have a place to check the current status of the server to knew either its our connection problem or eset side problem.

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

It will be fixed in the next version what is currently in Beta see:

It's already fixed in v11.0.149. There is no beta, the version is currently available on pre-release update servers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, nimBuS65 said:

Since yesterday Live Grid error comes again. Infos when will it fix it?

The error is displayed whenever a communication with LiveGrid servers fails. If it happens, it should be shortly after the system starts and no Internet connection is established yet. Another possibility is network outages between you and your ISP or between your ISP and ESET's servers. Soon we will suppress this error in the first minutes after the ekrn service starts to give the OS enough time to establish an Internet connection.

I have the error with internet connection is all good. And other service runs like an charm onley the live grid make errors. Pls inform the techs i think the fail is on your side

• Administrators
2 hours ago, nimBuS65 said:

I have the error with internet connection is all good. And other service runs like an charm onley the live grid make errors. Pls inform the techs i think the fail is on your side

Then please create a Wireshark log from the time when the error occurs and you think the Internet connection is working alright.

I experienced a LiveGrid issue on November 27 - today - at approximately 4:30 PM GMT-5 and it lasted for approximately 10 minutes. No other connection issues as I was multi-tasking and everything requires internet access and I definitely would have noticed a dropped connection, outage, etc. So, there was an issue earlier on the 27th. Should it be fully resolved already?

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, Parker Kincaid said:

I experienced a LiveGrid issue on November 27 - today - at approximately 4:30 PM GMT-5 and it lasted for approximately 10 minutes. No other connection issues as I was multi-tasking and everything requires internet access and I definitely would have noticed a dropped connection, outage, etc. So, there was an issue earlier on the 27th. Should it be fully resolved already?

Please provide a Wireshark log from time when you get this error and the Internet connection otherwise works.

I have my own theory on what can be causing LiveGrid and other network connection issues for that matter.

What I about to state applies to Eset IS 11.0.149 running on Win 10 1709. I normal have the Eset firewall option to also use Windows Firewall rules disabled. After upgrading to Win 10 ver. 1709, I decided to enable the Windows firewall use option. I immediately started getting periodic and random dropped Ethernet network connections. The last straw for me was during an IE11 browsing session, I got the Eset alert about LiveGrid being disabled. I immediately shut down the browser and went into Eset -> Tools -> Running Processes to validate if LiveGrid servers were the issue. No problem there in connecting to LiveGrid. So as far as I am concerned, use of Windows Firewall rules in Eset will remain permanently disabled. 

I have two machines bot updated to 11 and build .154 and both lose connection to the Live Grid server maybe a dozen times a day. NEVER happened with 10. Nothing conflicting on either machine.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, BobU said:

I have two machines bot updated to 11 and build .154 and both lose connection to the Live Grid server maybe a dozen times a day. NEVER happened with 10. Nothing conflicting on either machine.

You cannot know because only the latest v10.1 notifies the user if there is an communication issue with LiveGrid servers.