the eset live grid servers cannot be reached

Greetings.

I've been having the same yellow alert issue for some days, even today a couple of times. It appears randomly whenever i'm surfing the web and i use a Wi-Fi connection. I would like to know if there's a risk when recieving such a server? Like, LiveGrid servers are not accesible at all, so no protection from that module? Anyways, alert is just present for some seconds maybe a minute till it dissapears.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, RoboMan said:

I've been having the same yellow alert issue for some days, even today a couple of times. It appears randomly whenever I'm surfing the web and i use a Wi-Fi connection. I would like to know if there's a risk when receiving such a server? Like, LiveGrid servers are not accessible at all, so no protection from that module? Anyways, alert is just present for some seconds maybe a minute till it disappears.

If the message appears only for a short time and then it disappears, the potential risk of getting infected with a new malware should be very low. Please try changing the update type to pre-release updates in the advanced update setup and see if it makes a difference.

Should the warning still appear, please create a Wireshark log with network communication from that time captured.

Well, two machines, both Ethernet, both 11.0.154, one Windows 7, one Windows 10 and both get this message about 2 dozen times per day per computer and not at the exact same times on both. I am convinced it is in the 11.X builds. NEVER happened in 10.X.

I did add it to my other issues when I talked with elevated tech support last Thursday so they are aware of my issue. I mentioned I was not alone and others see the same.

• Most Valued Members
Just now, BobU said:

Well, two machines, both Ethernet, both 11.0.154, one Windows 7, one Windows 10 and both get this message about 2 dozen times per day per computer and not at the exact same times on both. I am convinced it is in the 11.X builds. NEVER happened in 10.X.

I did add it to my other issues when I talked with elevated tech support last Thursday so they are aware of my issue. I mentioned I was not alone and others see the same.

Is this with pre release updates enabled?

It is not. But because of my other issue, I would not change that as I am waiting for a call back from programming with a build to try to fix that one. Its the inclusion of code from another product causing NOD32 to create ANTISPAM folders and perhaps the wrong Outlook plugin. I have that in another thread.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, BobU said:

Of course it never happened with v10 because these notifications were first added in the latest v10.1 build.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, BobU said:

Its the inclusion of code from another product causing NOD32 to create ANTISPAM folders and perhaps the wrong Outlook plugin. I have that in another thread.

Although not related to this topic, the Antispam folder has always been created automatically as long as integration with the email client was enabled. I assume that disabling automatic start of antispam protection would also prevent the folder from being created.

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Of course it never happened with v10 because these notifications were first added in the latest v10.1 build.

Just wondering if it would be advantageous to have a button to click when it is down to try and connect. I know if it is during startup or the internet has been off it usually enables itself quickly once the connection is established but it might stop some of the posts on here. How often does it try and connect?

Edited by peteyt

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

I did not know that. Explains a bit.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

Although not related to this topic, the Antispam folder has always been created automatically as long as integration with the email client was enabled. I assume that disabling automatic start of antispam protection would also prevent the folder from being created.

Have never seen an Antispam folder in any previous version and have been using for years. I have to disagree on that one Marcos.

And sorry for going off topic, but wanted to explain why I would not try anything to fix Livegrid until tech support gets the other issue sorted. And THEY agree the AnsiSpam folder on my server and iPhone are not proper for NOD32.

2 hours ago, peteyt said:

Just wondering if it would be advantageous to have a button to click when it is down to try and connect. I know if it is during startup or the internet has been off it usually enables itself quickly once the connection is established but it might stop some of the posts on here. How often does it try and connect?

In my case I am on 24/7. It is not a startup issue nor network login. It happens on average once an hour on each machine. Lasts 30 seconds roughly.

Issues seem to have stopped. Spoke with Eset today and they say it was in one component of NOD32 and they updated either yesterday or today. I have that version and that issue has not happened since early this morning for me.

They also mentioned it was connecting to the servers, but throwing the error message none-the-less even though there was no issue.

~Bob