Introduce yourself

dwomack

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 9:33 PM, Tuxianna said:

Hi, I'm Tuxianna (not my real name) and I'm here because I'm a senior citizen and not very techy.

I'm trying to find directions to import my Google Chrome favorites folder into ESET. I have a desk top and am using Windows 7.

Is there anyone who can help me with directions? I'd be most appreciative. Thanks!

Hello Tuxianna and welcome to the Forum. I would suggest that you review "How to Post" https://forum.eset.com/howtopost/

to get some posting tips and then start a new topic under the correct heading/section. Not many Forum members review the "Introduce yourself" section, hence no response to your request.

Regards,

Tom

Hi everyone,

I am Andreas from Cyprus. I joined the forum in an effort to find tips and solutions for ESET Security Center Management that i've recently installed for the company i work for. I hope i can help other as well! :)

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. How are you. I would like to find some useful tips and guides how to protect my PC. Also, I can give some advice what I already know. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone! 

My name is Roger And My Friend suggested me of this forum.

I use Windows 7 operating System with Avast Antivirus premium version. I have installed Linux Mint on another hard drive that I use often Just to take break from Windows 7. 

I currently Dont use any of the ESET products, but willing to get something. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Binnyrog said:

I use Windows 7 operating System with Avast Antivirus premium version. I have installed Linux Mint on another hard drive that I use often Just to take break from Windows 7. 

I currently Dont use any of the ESET products, but willing to get something. 

Are you looking for protection for Windows or Linux? For Windows we have ESET Internet Security and ESET Smart Security Premium (which is basically EIS with disk encryption and password manager added). Both will protect you at various layers in the system as described at https://www.eset.com/int/about/technology/. You can download EIS from https://www.eset.com/int/home/internet-security/download/.

For Linux we have ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux desktop. It can be downloaded from https://www.eset.com/int/home/antivirus-linux/.

• 1 month later...

- How did you find the ESET Security Forum?
- Google recommended it.

- What OS are you running?
- I am using Windows 10 now,Windows 7 is runing on another one.

- What AV are you running?
- ESET Smart Security .

- What's an interesting fact about you?
- I am going to learn some knowledge of computer programming. I spend 12 hours on the computer every day, but I increasingly find that I don't know enough about computers.it is not easy to learn programming well,no,anything.

Markussmith, Binnyrog and Jangpeng. Sorry for my tardiness, WELCOME to the Forum:).

Glad you joined. Lots of good information here.

Regards,

Tom

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, TomFace said:

Hello Ereric and welcome to the Forum.:)

I trust you are a Certified Computer Examiner as CCE has many interpretations.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CCE

Regards,

Tom

I had to google myself to find what it was

Hi All !

L0ckJaw here, i am a Microsoft professional and living in the Netherlands.

I am also a Malware tester for the Malwaretips community, and so far ESET did very good.

Love ESET because of its lightness, great signatures.
Keep up the good work!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello forum members. I'm a very long time lurker here on the forum (2014). I decided to drop my other Security Software that I have been using for many, many years. I downloaded the Free Trial version of ESET on my HP Desktop Win 7 computer yesterday and I am impressed how light it is on the old computer. I believe ESET will be a keeper after the trial is over. I am still looking into ESET for Mac because I am very particular what Security Software I put on the Mac computer. Two different worlds Mac and Windows LOL. More than likely I'll be buying a license after the trial is over. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. just saying hello. i use apple, android and windows. i found the forum after registering. So far im reading some interesting stuff. i find it quite interesting ( and worrying) all of the security problems we are facing. ESET is my product of choice. it catches over99% of malware, viruses, etc. i like it!. its nice to meet all of you! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Insiders

Hello Everyone,

My name is Andreas and I am happy to join ESET Security Forum.

-How did you find the ESET Security Forum?

-I am an ESET user for the past 2 years. I kept an eye in the forum by reading discussions here for quite some time and I decided to create an account to actively participate in discussions.

-What OS are you running?

Windows 10 Insiders (Slow Ring)

-What AV are you running?

-ESET Smart Security Premium

-What’s an interesting fact about you?

-I am studying Computer Engineering in Athens, Greece and I am a computer and network security enthusiast. In my free time I love learning more about penetration testing and ethical hacking. As a hobby I play the violin. Also, I have Diploma of Byzantine Music.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, I am "Blewit" & new to the forum. I recently added Eset to my tablet (Android) & it found 4 threats. It told me how to remove them but that didn't work as the links didn't light up so I couldn't uninstall them. My WIFI is very slow & sometimes has a mind of its own!

Can anyone give me suggestions as to how I can remove these apps: "You Tube Android/Spy.Agent.YQ" "YouTube.apk"  "com.android.popup Android/Coudw.D" GoogleCalendarPluginService Android/Coudw.A"

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Hi evryone! My Name is Crystal_Lake_Camper and I live in the Netherlands. I have used eset in the past , when it still was nod32 , and also a brief time when smart security 5 was coming out. I decided to give v13 a trial run , and I must say that I am very impressed with its progress. when trial runs I out , I will buy a license for sure :). like my user name suggest I am a huge fan of 80s horror and slasher movies and am passionate about computers and security. I am so glad to join this forum , and hope to interact and learn a lot here , thanks for reading and having me here! ;)

• Most Valued Members
11 hours ago, Crystal_Lake_Camper said:

Hi evryone! My Name is Crystal_Lake_Camper and I live in the Netherlands. I have used eset in the past , when it still was nod32 , and also a brief time when smart security 5 was coming out. I decided to give v13 a trial run , and I must say that I am very impressed with its progress. when trial runs I out , I will buy a license for sure :). like my user name suggest I am a huge fan of 80s horror and slasher movies and am passionate about computers and security. I am so glad to join this forum , and hope to interact and learn a lot here , thanks for reading and having me here! ;)

Welcome to the forum. Glad to see a fellow horror fan to. I love slasher and giallo films