ESS - The never ending update

Guest ESET fan

Yesterday updated manually without problems, now tried to manually updating till now its not finished, it has been like this for hours.

Hello,

the same problem with me. Endless update loop, Eset 7 uninstalled, Eset 6 installed.

Please fix the problem.

My System

Win8 64bit

• Administrators

Please confirm or deny my assumption that automatic updates are downloaded fine as long as an automatic update task is scheduled and the only issue is that Application update gets stuck.

This is happening to me too, but with EAV, not ESS. It is not the Application update. That worked fine. It is the virus signature database update. This happened with the scheduled update and also a manual update I initiated after a reboot. The last successful update was 8704 (20130819). The update GUI needs a Stop or Cancel button added (unless there's another way to cancel an update I'm unaware of).

FYI: There's a couple other users affected who posted in the beta feedback thread.

Edited by 0strodamus

Please confirm or deny my assumption that automatic updates are downloaded fine as long as an automatic update task is scheduled and the only issue is that Application update gets stuck.

Confirm.

I can also confirm.

Yes ist correct. Connection error to the Server?

It is the 'application update' that is looping continually for me.  My virus sig. update is at 8704 but is grayed out.   KOR-

Please confirm or deny my assumption that automatic updates are downloaded fine as long as an automatic update task is scheduled and the only issue is that Application update gets stuck.  My virus sig. update is at 8704 but is grayed out.   KOR-

I can also confirm.

• ESET Insiders

Same here. Would it not be better to have it fail than to have it stuck running in a loop that does not end and cannot be cancelled?

Hi,

Updating the virus signature is OK. But when it ended immediately appear updating applications that continue indefinitely. The progress bar is empty. I had to restart the computer to interrupt the operation.

hxxp://fotkica.com/slike.php?slika=1_105918579_Image%202.jpg

Edited by Blackfoot

Guest ThatEntity

ok after I reinstalled ESSv7.0.104.0 and right after the updates I press update again to see if reinstalling it fixes the problem of the forever Update progress 0 kB / 0 kB File name: update.ver then it stays like that talking up resources on my quad core from 18-75%. so far I've only tested pre-release updates.

Same issue here.

@ Marcos, It is me manually pressing update that get stuck its the Virus Signature Database that get stuck forever but the message does say "update not need" so it did update the 1st time but just cannot close after doing so.

Pressing the Application Update beforehand runs and closes fine.

This means the button stays greyed out and the tray icons spins forever till a reboot.

Edited by Temp Member

• ESET Insiders

Same issue here - application update hanging/endless loop - ESS 7.0.104.0 on Windows 8 Pro x64.

It is the 'application update' that is looping continually for me.  My virus sig. update is at 8704 but is grayed out.   KOR-

Edited by puff-m-d

Same issue. The application update is stuck in a never-ending cycle of trying to update. If I reboot, it stops, but will start up automatically within a few minutes.

• Most Valued Members

Problem does not seem to be with the application update as that is what is looping with me but my settings have always been....

Ask before downloading program components, also i don't have auto check for program updates ticked.

Prior to the problem occurring this evening

Win7 X64