ESS - The never ending update

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

I had received several VSD updates this morning according to my logs but no module updates showed in the logs and the "about" screen did not show 1406 for the antivirus and antispyware scanner module. I also was never prompted to do a reboot. I went ahead and rebooted anyways and now have 1406 and the issue is fixed. So for my case I would say to just do a reboot and you should be good to go.

The good news is that Antivirus and antispyware protection module 1406 is going to be released for v7 beta users shortly. After updating to this version and restarting the computer, the annoying gui issue with the application update progress bar will be gone.

Just want to confirm like everyone else that Yes it is fixed after the module update and restart  :)

Guest ESET fan

Well, after uninstalling ESS v7 installed avast the beta started to disconnect my internet and its very buggy, lagging my games... after 30mins converted to ESET SS v6 ESET IS THE BEST!!! I just noticed that I can't use any other antivirus software than ESET KEEP UP ESET!!!

They are the best, i wish the world would recognize this just a little faster.

Its not just the software, but the people in the company as well.

Come back to ver 7 !!! :)

When v7 full version will be out?

No date set yet for the final release afaik, keep in mind though that an RC "release candidate" hasn't been released yet, so it will take a while longer. :)

No date set yet for the final release afaik, keep in mind though that an RC "release candidate" hasn't been released yet, so it will take a while longer. :)

Not sure but the beta license is valid till Oct 31st ? I think, if i recall .....

So it will possibly be past that, and we keep thinking of additions and improvements; the devs will be busy a while dpeneding on if the project mgs and supervisors decide to push forward on suggestions.

Plus the bugs we keep finding creates teams to address those issues as well.

:)

Then testing again, then double testing...

Edited by Arakasi

In the past ESET have released only one beta then gone straight to production product.

I assume their answer for release is when its ready.

• ESET Insiders

In the past ESET have released only one beta then gone straight to production product.

Based on my previous experience with testing I am still expecting an RC release. I don't expect a final for at least a couple of months if not longer.

Based on my previous experience with testing I am still expecting an RC release. I don't expect a final for at least a couple of months if not longer.

Yep same here. :)

• 1 month later...

Hello,tech support told me eset 7 will become available wednesday,October 16th,2013.I will be waiting.GO ESET.Thank you very much.

Yes. If others want to see the official answer straight from the source look here: https://forum.eset.com/topic/1120-i-just-switched-to-kaspersky-internet-security/?p=6013

Just incase someone have missed it :)