Windows 10 forget folder view setting when ESS is installed

can somebody please provide me with easy to follow steps to get this fixed??

I have Eset Nod32 Antivirus 8 v.8.0.319.1

Cannot find the option to switch update servers to pre-release

advance setup >> update >> settings click Pre-release update then tap ok

• Administrators

I have updated to pre release and have cleaner module 1112 (20150924), but the problem still persists.

What value do you have in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{42aedc87-2188-41fd-b9a3-0c966feabec1}\InProcServer32\(Default) ?

I have updated to pre release and have cleaner module 1112 (20150924), but the problem still persists.

What value do you have in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{42aedc87-2188-41fd-b9a3-0c966feabec1}\InProcServer32\(Default) ?

Hi,

I also have same issue in Win10 x64 build.( even refreshing the desktop keep resetting all icons to left although auto arrenge is unchecked.)

Also updated to cleaner 1112 and problem still persist.

and value is "%SystemRoot%\SysWow64\shell32.dll"

%SystemRoot%\SysWow64\shell32.dll

Have followed the procedure and changed to pre-release update, updated, rebooted

Problem persists :-(((

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{42aedc87-2188-41fd-b9a3-0c966feabec1}\InProcServer32\(Default)

=

Edited by pdezeeuw

The question I need to ask is, is cleaner build 1112 expected to fix the issue for those currently having troubles, or as I suspect, is it expected to prevent the issue occurring in the first place?

If it is the latter, then it seems those with the issue may have to bite the bullet and re-install, or wait for a fix at some point from M$ perhaps.

Thanks in advance.

Check if you have a windows system restore point before ESET detected a threat and messed everything up. It worked for me. Then update ESET to the cleaner build 1112.

Edited by Leeg

May I just add this, it may or may not help, but I have reinstalled Windows 10 thus correcting the issue and today installed Eset AV beta 9 and this is what I see in the above key:

%SystemRoot%\system32\windows.storage.dll

Is that correct for a Win 10 64bit system running Eset AV 9.0.141.0 (cleaner build 1112) ?

For clarification, my sysyem is currently running fine with no folder issues etc.

Edited by daveiw

I'm still searching for a solution and the only thing I can say is that it seems that only Windows 10 in English is affected by this problem.

I cannot find any French or Italian  forum with people speaking about this.

As Brehon wrote, we are discussing for this problem in Tenforum: HERE and HERE.

Personally, I'm not sure about an interaction between Eset and Win 10, but it seems that almost all those who have this problem use Eset Smart Security.

I wrote to Customer Care opening a ticket and I'm waiting for an answer.

It should be a good choice if all of you does the same thing.

Win 10 Pro Italian + Eset Smart Security 8.0.319 --> same problem :o  :o  :o  !!!

I'm forced to restore acronis image of the OS hdd whenever randomly occurs

May I just add this, it may or may not help, but I have reinstalled Windows 10 thus correcting the issue and today installed Eset AV beta 9 and this is what I see in the above key:

%SystemRoot%\system32\windows.storage.dll

Is that correct for a Win 10 64bit system running Eset AV 9.0.141.0 (cleaner build 1112) ?

For clarification, my sysyem is currently running fine with no folder issues etc.

After installing Cleaner b1112 and restarting, this key still showed as "shell32.dll" for me. I double-checked the key with a properly functioning system, which just as above, showed "%SystemRoot%\system32\windows.storage.dll".

So I decided to edit the key manually (had to take ownership, and of course restored it back to SYSTEM afterwards), but much to my dismay the problem still remains. Now the key shows as "%SystemRoot%\SysWow64\windows.storage.dll", which I assume is a change made by NOD32 (?), thus breaking it again.

• Administrators

Yes, the value should be set to "%SystemRoot%\SysWow64\windows.storage.dll" on Windows 10. It should get fixed if you restart the computer and wait a while for a startup scan to complete.

• Administrators

I cannot edit the value should to "%SystemRoot%\SysWow64\windows.storage.dll, i get a error message I cannot edit the key...

If you restart the computer and wait a while (up to 5 minutes) and then check the registry value, is it still wrong? Do you have startup scan tasks enabled in Scheduler?

In order to edit the value manually, you'd need to temporarily set full control for administrators group.

The update did not fix the issue for me (or I didn't wait long enough), but changing the mentioned registry value did seem to do the trick.

BUT I had to change the value from both

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{42aedc87-2188-41fd-b9a3-0c966feabec1}\InProcServer32\
and
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{42aedc87-2188-41fd-b9a3-0c966feabec1}\InProcServer32\

Changing from Wow6432Node alone was not engouh.

As Marcos mentioned, both registry keys are owned by SYSTEM and neither regular users nor admins can edit them by default. I first had to change the ownership of the keys, then edit permissions to allow modifications, change the values, and finally change the ownership back to SYSTEM. So try this at your own risk...

The update did not fix the issue for me (or I didn't wait long enough), but changing the mentioned registry value did seem to do the trick.

BUT I had to change the value from both

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{42aedc87-2188-41fd-b9a3-0c966feabec1}\InProcServer32\

and

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{42aedc87-2188-41fd-b9a3-0c966feabec1}\InProcServer32\

Changing from Wow6432Node alone was not engouh.

As Marcos mentioned, both registry keys are owned by SYSTEM and neither regular users nor admins can edit them by default. I first had to change the ownership of the keys, then edit permissions to allow modifications, change the values, and finally change the ownership back to SYSTEM. So try this at your own risk...

This fixed the problem for me.

Big thanks to everyone involved in solving this!

Yes, the value should be set to "%SystemRoot%\SysWow64\windows.storage.dll" on Windows 10. It should get fixed if you restart the computer and wait a while for a startup scan to complete.

hi

may i know exactly what should i do?

i mean i did not understand what have to do to fix it , outside installing pre-release

thanks

So we have to reinstall os and apply asap fixes to prevent this?

ok.. no need to reinstall OS.. it works fine again... ty all guys :)

Edited by codec