How to relocation ERA 6 to another server

I'd suggest ESET give us a tool for easy to backup/restore ERA database, even let's to migrate ERA server from one server to another server. That would be great. 

Moving from the OVA to a Windows Server would be helpful for everyone that deployed the Virtual Appliance and are now having issues with it.

SQL backup and restore didnt run well so I've done a fresh install, rescanned the computer, installed the agents and set the policy again. 

You can export the cert but currently Eset don't have tool to restore the cert :(

I'm still searching for solution to move 800 clients from ERA 6 to new ERA 6.

What if the server or ERA corrupted / failed to on. It would be troublesome.

• Administrators

The following procedure for migration of ERA v6 to another server should work:

1. Change the policy for ERA Agents and add the new server into the list of "Servers to connect to" - this will ensure the Agents will continue to connect to the new server after the old one is unreachable.

2. Wait until the policy is applied on agents.
3. Back up the ERA database.
4. Migrate the ERA database to the new server.
5. Install ERA by using the stand-alone msi installers; do not use the all-in-one installer (otherwise a new CA would be created and existing agents wouldn't be able to connect to ERAS)
6. Select the migrated ERA database during installation.
7. Finish the installation.

• 2 weeks later...

What about migrating the MySQL DB to MS SQL for those wanting to move off of the Virtual Appliance to a Windows Server?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...