ESET Password Manager vs stealers

Can stealers(Redlines, Lokibots, Hawkeyes, etc.) steal passwords from ESET Password Manager? I mean all forms of ESET Password Manager(ESSP, Android app, iOS app and what is the most important browser extensions). Is it real?

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

No password manager stores passwords in plain text on a disk so it shouldn't be easy for malware to steal them.

Ok, it's not easy for malware to steal passwords from ESET Password manager, but it's real, right?

12 minutes ago, Kristal said:

If to compare Chrome's built-in password manager and ESET Password Manager which one is more easy for malware to steal passwords?

Review this article: https://fractionalciso.com/browser-password-managers-flawed-security-by-design/ for the answer to your question.

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, Kristal said:

I found nothing about stealers there.

Password managers as Marcos have mentioned tend to encrypt passwords.

In my opinion the way passwords most commonly get compromised is either 

1. They are used on multiple sites and one gets compromised

2. Through phishing and signing up to dodgy websites.

For extra safety you could have some accounts with a unique password that isn't saved on anything. This could be used for example for a banking site.

Other recommendation is to enable 2FA whenever possible

3 minutes ago, peteyt said:

Password managers as Marcos have mentioned tend to encrypt passwords.

In my opinion the way passwords most commonly get compromised is either 

1. They are used on multiple sites and one gets compromised

2. Through phishing and signing up to dodgy websites.

For extra safety you could have some accounts with a unique password that isn't saved on anything. This could be used for example for a banking site.

Other recommendation is to enable 2FA whenever possible

I'm sorry, but it's offtop. My question is about stealers, not just general recommendations about cybersecurity.

• Most Valued Members
2 minutes ago, Kristal said:

I'm sorry, but it's offtop. My question is about stealers, not just general recommendations about cybersecurity.

I presume password managers will have protection to stop them but nothing can ever be 100 percent 

17 minutes ago, peteyt said:

I presume password managers will have protection to stop them but nothing can ever be 100 percent 

Storage of passwords on ESET servers, not user's devices is 100% guarantee of protection against steelers.

3 hours ago, Kristal said:

Storage of passwords on ESET servers, not user's devices is 100% guarantee of protection against steelers.

Good question: 😎
Using the same answer people always use here on the forum, not everything is 100% safe.
But I wanted to know more about the responses from our friends and ESET.