Dark Mode!

Astterlan

Hello good I hope you are very well, I would like to post a suggestion and it is only regarding the appearance of the antivirus in general, honestly I go blind or burn my eyes when I enter the antivirus, a good suggestion is the implementation of the dark mode. I think that up to this point this antivirus has a great prestige in my region of the world, making clear my little knowledge about the world of computing but I think that its overcrowding also consists of providing certain comforts for the user and the dark mode could be a good step to start, I think that the creators already have enough to keep the platform well updated in the face of various threats that are daily circulating on the network, but in my opinion the implementation that I suggest would give a better visual flavor that would maintain the aesthetics along with the ecosystem of the PC, it would be great if they implemented it, only that is what I have to do for now, later I will leave more comments that contribute to the community that although they seem very small can help the comfort of those who use their antivirus and stay tuned. margin of the present time since in my opinion it is part of the modernization. I wish you the best and a big hug. Best regards

• Administrators

Currently there are no plans to add support for dark mode in desktop products. The gui of AVs is not something that the user should open frequently.

10 minutes ago, Marcos said:

The gui of AVs is not something that the user should open frequently.

A very strange approach and sounds very intrusive. It has nothing to do with the product in question, but, for example, when configuring ESET Firewall, you really have to open the settings window

Mmmm, I understand your point of view, I will not refute what you say, the truth is that it is a fairly valid opinion, the truth is that I think I lack a lot of experience and meticulously identify things beyond aesthetics, however It is a shame according to my way of thinking the truth, I am afraid that I will continue to wait without losing my position that it is a good decision, I disagree but not entirely the truth, a greeting, take care the speed of the response was great. PS: Translated with google translate

• Most Valued Members

it has been reported quite a few times in the feedback topic and the dev team is aware of the request. even if they don't plan to add in the near future i'm sure it will happen one day. creating a dark mode takes a really long time, effort and testing so all the elements appear consistent and avoid visual glitches. keep in mind that Eset has quite a few products in active development and making dark mode for all of them will take a while to complete (when and if they start it)

be patient and have faith :)

On 5/22/2021 at 9:12 AM, Marcos said:

Dark mode should be supported by ESET Mobile Security soon.

@Marcos

On Android 11 (Pixel 3, so latest version of Android publicly available) and ESET Mobile Security 6.3.41.0, dark mode is *not* supported.

My system is set to dark mode universally, and ESET still shows in standard mode. Also, as far as I can see, there is no toggle in the app for dark mode.

Just FYI. (Not pushing for this, as I agree I don't spend a ton of time in the app ... but it would be nice! However, in this case, function over form would be my priority also.)

• Most Valued Members
11 minutes ago, howardagoldberg said:

@Marcos

On Android 11 (Pixel 3, so latest version of Android publicly available) and ESET Mobile Security 6.3.41.0, dark mode is *not* supported.

My system is set to dark mode universally, and ESET still shows in standard mode. Also, as far as I can see, there is no toggle in the app for dark mode.

Just FYI. (Not pushing for this, as I agree I don't spend a ton of time in the app ... but it would be nice! However, in this case, function over form would be my priority also.)

It's not yet supported that's why you cannot use it

Dark mode should be supported by ESET Mobile Security soon.

Edited by Nightowl