I Am Very Ticked Off!

Against my better judgement, I used Eset N.A. eStore to renew my current Internet Security license for two years. This was last Friday - Black Friday - and I paid $79.99.

Today I became aware of this e-ad: https://www.eset.com/us/cyber-weekend-2020/  showing the price as $47.99! I interpret this ad to be effective Nov. 27, Black Friday, the date of my purchase. Worse if I go to the same eStore web site: https://www.eset.com/us/home/internet-security/ the price still shows $79.99!

Believe I am owed a refund of $32 plus the difference in sales tax.

Hey itman,

That's a bummer.

Have you contacted your local ESET branch? 

I'm sure any understanding inside sales team member will reimburse the difference and resolve the issue a lot faster than via the forums.

• ESET Staff

Hello itman,

The promotion that you cite was for new purchases only. It sounds like you renewed an existing license. The cart would not have displayed any discount info for a renewal during the promotion as a result of this. We do still have a promotion running, albeit is slightly changed from the Black Friday deal.

As you know, changing to a new license will require you to go through the activation process for the new license. With that in mind, if you would like to refund your renewal so that you can make a new purchase at the discounted rate please contact our support team at https://helpus.eset.com and specify the Sales Order number for your renewal. You are within eligibility for a refund for 30 days from the time of purchase. 

Thank you,

Chris B.

2 hours ago, CB530 said:

The promotion that you cite was for new purchases only. It sounds like you renewed an existing license. The cart would not have displayed any discount info for a renewal during the promotion as a result of this. We do still have a promotion running, albeit is slightly changed from the Black Friday deal

Why did I anticipate this was going to be the answer?

So let's analyze this. I have been an Eset customer since 2014. Not only do I pay a full license renew price, but the renewal price is considerable higher that a new license price. So it appears Eset's sales strategy is "to sock it to" their existing customers so they can lower the price to entice new customers.

This might be for me "the last straw that permanently broke the Eset use back."

Also considering the amount of time I spend on the Eset forum helping others, I should receive a free Eset license each year!

Edited by itman

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, itman said:

Why did I anticipate this was going to be the answer?

So let's analyze this. I have been an Eset customer since 2014. Not only do I pay a full license renew price, but the renewal price is considerable higher that a new license price. So it appears Eset's sales strategy is "to sock it to" their existing customers so they can lower the price to entice new customers.

This might be for me "the last straw that permanently broke the Eset use back."

Also considering the amount of time I spend on the Eset forum helping others, I should receive a free Eset license each year!

Yeah a lot of companies seem to do these new customer only deals which are great for new customers but often overlook the current ones 

• ESET Moderators

Hi @itman

While I can't speak for the sales offers of our US office (@CB530 explained those, as he works in that office), you will be glad to know that for the past few weeks, we have actually been planning to launch a program for our most valued forum members that includes a free license!

I am sorry it was not launched before you had this experience, but as it was said, you can choose to refund the renewal and opt to purchase a new discounted license at this time.

You will hear from us regarding the most valued members program.

Tomas