upgrade to 7.3.2032 - computer gets shut down after scheduled scan

Jenova

Greetings! 

Listed as fixed in 7.3 "An on-demand scan launched from the ESMC console could shut down the computer even if this post-scan action was not selected" is exactly what started happening after I've upgraded Endpoint clients to 7.3. Never happened before. 

The process C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Security\ekrn.exe (WKST-VRN-BKP01) has initiated the power off of computer WKST-VRN-BKP01 on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Other (Planned)
 Reason Code: 0x80000000
 Shutdown Type: power off
 Comment: Computer scan completed

That comes from scheduled scan policy (daily on-demand scan with post-scan action set to "no action"). All upgraded endpoint clients have been shutdown after this scan.

Fix it please!

• Administrators

I've sent a scan task to a client with Endpoint 7.3. After the scan completed, the machine was not rebooted.

image.png

5 hours ago, Marcos said:

I've sent a scan task to a client with Endpoint 7.3. After the scan completed, the machine was not rebooted.

image.png

not reboot. the machine gets "shutdown" even though the the scheduled scan task's "Action after scan" has the "no action" option selected.
The ESET EndPoint AntiVirus itself's computer scan's "Action after scan" option has changed from "no action" to "shutdown".
This issue did NOT happen in vVersion 7.2.2055.0 but in the v7.3.2032.0 changelog it says this issue is "fixed"?
("Fixed: A finished on-demand scan initiated from central management console can result in shutting down the scanned computer even without activated shutdown option.")

This is a huge issue for cooperate computers that need to stay on 24/7!
Right now we had to roll back to v7.2.2055.0.

• Administrators

Ok, the difference is that I ran a scan task and did not schedule a scan task. I was able to reproduce the issue now and reported it to developers with high priority.

P_EESW-5653

• Administrators

A fixed version of Endpoint 7.2 is being tested, v7.3 will follow soon. The release of both should be just a few days away.

Hello, the problem is that ESET Endpoint Antivirus 7.3 ignores the scan task settings. and what to do after scanning takes from its settings.

think fix ESET Endpoint Antivirus 7.3.

and give the ESET 7.1 Security Management Center console management of this item as on a screen.

55c331499bbdce237822814f2b297e48.jpg

Edited by Diman
Machine translation added

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Diman said:

Machine translation:

Solve ESET Endpoint Antivirus 7.3's ability to scan scans. and what to do after scanning is taken from your own tools.
I need to fix the ESET Endpoint Antivirus 7.3 developer to complete the scan request.
and put in the ESET Security Management Center 7.1 console to manage these points in the closet.

Since this is an English forum, we kindly ask you to post in English so that moderators and other users can understand you and be able to help.

As to your question, it is not clear what you mean. The post-scan shutdown issue will be fixed in the upcoming v7.2 and 7.3 hotfixes that are undergoing QA tests now and should be released soon.

7 hours ago, Marcos said:

A fixed version of Endpoint 7.2 is being tested, v7.3 will follow soon. The release of both should be just a few days away.

This issue doens't fully make sense. Please explain what exactly happened on your developers' testings.

Screenshot below, why this issue mentioned in the changelog of v7.3.2032.0 or this is a different issue?
image.png.80ae49aa57f96b1413dc37ebae43c17b.png

I'm also confused like cmit. It appears at least that your support team isn't even aware of this problem. This thread is the most current info i have, even though I have a support ticket in about this exact issue. 

Hi,

we have absolutely same issue. Action after scan is set to "No action" but every single computer turned off.

Afected products: Endpoint Antivirus 7.3.2032.0; Endpoint Security 7.3.2032.0

Event log message:
The process C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Security\ekrn.exe (XXXX) has initiated the power off of computer XXXX on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Other (Planned)
 Reason Code: 0x80000000
 Shutdown Type: power off
 Comment: Computer scan completed

When will be the fix released??

7 hours ago, Marcos said:

We expect a hotfix to be available in 2 weeks if no issues are found during tests.

Per your changelog, is this already a known issue in v7.2 or different? Please explain this confusion.
This did NOT happened on any of our computers that has v7.2 installed.

another 2 weeks means Windows 10 computers that are "stuck" with ESET v7.2 can't be upgraded version 2004 of potential BSOD issue (https://support.eset.com/en/alert7506-windows-10-version-2004-bsod

Edited by cmit

On 6/4/2020 at 2:39 AM, Marcos said:

We expect a hotfix to be available in 2 weeks if no issues are found during tests.

Please provide an update about this case.

19 hours ago, Marcos said:

We expect a hotfix to be available in 1,5 weeks if no issues are found during tests.

Same problem here. But what how can we Bypass this now? Lot of users have problems with this

• Administrators

You can temporarily remove scheduled scan tasks. Actually we do not recommend running a scheduled task too often, once per month should be enough as long as all protection modules are kept enabled and the product is kept updated.

If I remember correctly, sending a scan task from ESMC doesn't cause the machine to turn off so you could use this as a workaround.

4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

You can temporarily remove scheduled scan tasks. Actually we do not recommend running a scheduled task too often, once per month should be enough as long as all protection modules are kept enabled and the product is kept updated.

If I remember correctly, sending a scan task from ESMC doesn't cause the machine to turn off so you could use this as a workaround.

Thank you! Do you want to reply here when there is a fix?

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please explain in more detail of why 'do not recommend running a scheduled task too often'. In this 'computer auto-shutdown after scheduled scan' case, your ESET product cannot be kept updated. Some people may have different opinion that at least a smart scan should run daily.

We have the same issue since upgrade to 7.3.2032.0. Weekly scheduled scan set to NO ACTION under Advanced scan options, yet it shuts all down.

I ran upgrade from the Drill Down report. I have the same issue. Computers are shutting down after upgrading to 7.3. Also repeated the task 7 days later. So is there somewhere I can turn off repeating when fails?

8 hours ago, Topher said:

We have the same issue since upgrade to 7.3.2032.0. Weekly scheduled scan set to NO ACTION under Advanced scan options, yet it shuts all down.

Have the same exact thing happen today. Needs to be fixed ASAP.