Pythic

Latest update causes eset_proxy to flip out

I'm running 6.8.1.0 on MacOS 10.14.6 and once in a while I notice that the eset_proxy is using 100% cpu. All the internet (browser) is blocked then. The only way to get it going again is to force quit the eset_proxy process. I never had any issues, but since last update this occurs. Please advice, is this a known issue?

I have the same issue since about 2 weeks. I have transferted my account from Sierra MacBook Pro to new TouchBar MacBook Pro with Mojave. eset_proxy is using 100% CPU and no browser or mail software works. Try to uninstall / install ESET Cyber Security, seems work during several days and issue again. Killing eset_process is working during couple of minutes and need to kill it again regulary.  

Please carry on as follows:
- make sure that you have the latest version of ESET CyberSecurity installed
- use ESET Log Collector as per https://support.eset.com/kb3404/ to gather logs while reproducing the issue
- raise a support ticket with your local customer care and provide them with the archive generated by the log collector tool.

I have the same problem. Eset tells me that I am supposed to have some webservice software running (which I am not aware of), but they couldn't find the exact title of the software, so I am back to square one. This does render eset security useless to me as I cannot work with my mac any longer. macos 10.14.6 it happened two weeks ago when the new eset update was installed. It might also have something to do with the new safari update that was pushed shortly after that. All the other software has remained the same since then.

When esets_proxy is heavily utilizing the CPU, select esets_proxy on the CPU tab in Activity Monitor. From the menu choose Sample process and Save as. Please provide the file along with ESET Log Collector logs to customer care. You can also upload the files here.

Has anyone found an answer to this?  It's started happening on my machine as well. 

Same problem at Eset Endpoint Antyvirus (6.8.2) Any solution? 

44 minutes ago, qu4q said:

Same problem at Eset Endpoint Antyvirus (6.8.2) Any solution? 

Please carry on as follows:
- use ESET Log Collector as per https://support.eset.com/kb3404/ to gather logs while reproducing the issue
- raise a support ticket with your local customer care and provide them with the archive generated by the log collector tool.

Hello guys,

I would first try to upgrade to the very latest version 6.8.300.0 to see how it behaves and in case the issue will occur again, please proceed according as Marcos advised.

Peter

I have opened a case with our local customer care and provided the requested logs, but they didn't find the root cause of the problem. I was provided with the beta version 6.8.400.0 and issue still occurred there.

Edit: Provided logs

esets_proxy log level has been set to verbosity level = 8

Sample of esets_proxy.txt customer_info.zip

Edited by Camilo Diaz