The "System Cleaner" tool does nothing.

Greetings.

Today it occurred to me to enter the "System Cleaner" tool and I found 2 warnings, one about the restoration of the system disabled and another about modifications of the desktop.

The restoration of the system is disabled by my decision, but I wanted to see how the tool worked and I asked him to restore both configurations. But the tool does not do anything, does not activate the system restoration or made changes to the desktop.

What is the purpose of this tool if it does nothing?

The purpose of the tool is to correct changes made by malware after a detection has been found. The tool should not be used in day to day use to verify if Win default settings are correct.

As far as not noticing changes to your desktop and the like, most of the tool's changes would be "invisible;" like changes to Win utility processes; e.g. system restore, or registry changes.

Edited by itman

Thanks for your reply.

If it is advisable not to use the tool, it should only be accessible after a detection.

There are curious people who like to explore the programs they use, and the tool says nothing about restricted use.

• Administrators

You should use it in case that something has changed with your system after an infection, e.g. if you're unable to run the task manager for instance.

7 hours ago, Hijin25 said:

If it is advisable not to use the tool, it should only be accessible after a detection.

The problem with the tool is it will show only the area where Win settings have been alerted; not what the specific change was.

Here's an example. On my Win 10 build, I modified system restore settings to do so only for the drive it is installed on; not for all the drives I have installed. When I run the tool, it only informs me that a change has occured to System Restore settings. If I run the tool, system restore will be reset to run all my drives.

Bottom line - if you are one that makes custom mods. to Win settings, this tool will remove all your custom settings.

• Most Valued Members
On 6/30/2019 at 1:57 PM, itman said:

The problem with the tool is it will show only the area where Win settings have been alerted; not what the specific change was.

Here's an example. On my Win 10 build, I modified system restore settings to do so only for the drive it is installed on; not for all the drives I have installed. When I run the tool, it only informs me that a change has occured to System Restore settings. If I run the tool, system restore will be reset to run all my drives.

Bottom line - if you are one that makes custom mods. to Win settings, this tool will remove all your custom settings.

Yeah I think the tool would be better if it told you what it was changing