Need help activating the product which i bought

Grey Crimson

After basically completely resetting my computer and getting a new windows for it, my old full expired licence on eset NOD32 was gone as well, i downloaded the trial version and tried to activate my old licence with my renewal key but it didn't work, giving me the message "Activation failed an error occurred during activation" with the error code Act.0. I have one suspicion on why it isn't activating though, on the cover of the CD case (which only has the code in it), there is written "eset INTERNET SECURITY", does that mean what i bought is not "eset NOD32 ANTIVIRUS" which is written on the cover of my old CD licence case at the same spot?

Edited by Grey Crimson

• Administrators

As for the ACT.0 error, could you try activating ESET NOD32 Antivirus again? There was a temporary glitch with the activation servers earlier today which should be resolved at the moment.

• ESET Staff

Hello @Grey Crimson

@Marcos is asking the public identification or "public ID" of you license product, which you can find on "Help and Support" > "Details for customer care".

Is a sequence or 3 numbers and letters separated by a " - " like "A1A-2B2-3C3"

The problem has actually been solved, i have figured that eset INTERNET SECURITY is not eset NOD32 Antivirus, they are different and i cannot activate one with the key of another, a relative of mine had the same exact problem to prove this so i decided to buy an eset INTERNET SECURITY full licence which will comply with my renewal key. 

12 minutes ago, Grey Crimson said:

The problem has actually been solved, i have figured that eset INTERNET SECURITY is not eset NOD32 Antivirus, they are different and i cannot activate one with the key of another, a relative of mine had the same exact problem to prove this so i decided to buy an eset INTERNET SECURITY full licence which will comply with my renewal key. 

Hello Grey C. and welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you figured it out.

The easiest way to look at it is through a cost perspective. A less expensive license (such as NOD32) will only allow you to change to another similarly priced item (such as another NOD32). Where as an ESSP license will allow you to run ESSP, EIS or NOD32 (only one at a time of course). A EIS (or NOD32) license will not allow you to upgrade to ESSP. To do that you would need a contact (sales $) with ESET or your local reseller/distributor.

Best regards.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
1 hour ago, foregin said:

Hello, I also got same problem - ACT.0, old licenses working new one not. What can I do?

ACT.0 may be a temporary overload of activation servers, however, we haven't observed any issues with them recently. Please contact your local customer care.