Unable to Uninstall with tool... GREAT JOB.. NOW FORMAT AND INSTALL WINDOWS AGAIN.

I try upgrade to version 7 and I lose all complete v6 software.
Lose my serial to.
Allways say ROLLING BACK and never complete install.
Unable to uninstall v7 with tool.
Now to repair I need to install Windows again with all programs.
GREATE JOB...... THANK YOU.

Dont be a pessimist.

If you cant repair your computer, thats not ESET's fault.

If you can google or research how the registry works, you can manually uninstall Eset and start over.

Dont just jump to conclusions that you have to reinstall windows in order to fix your issue; Then blame ESET. I could easily straighten your system out through the registry.

You dont just lose serials either. They are sent to you through email. You can also contact Eset by phone and they will give you your license information after authentication.

Do yourself a favor and wait for a response from ESET here, or contact support by phone, or email to receive assistance in your uninstallation problems.

I promise you that ESET is not the sole reason your uninstall didnt work. I am 10000000% positive you have some other program or software, including drivers or likewise that has caused this issue.

I dont have any problems with version 6, or 7 , or uninstalling, or upgrading, and i work with this software daily with my clients, upgrading and uninstalling and have 0 issues. EVER.

I do however notice people always blasting others because of compatibility issues with other hardware/software.

Have some patience and you will receive assistance with your issue, WITHOUT reinstalling windows.

post-1101-0-16152300-1382770864.gif

Edited by Arakasi

• Most Valued Members

follow the instructions here CAREFULLY, in order to boot to safe mode and use the eset uninstall tool to remove the program from the pc.

perform steps 3-7 several times untill the window displays "no supported programs found" (or something similar).

then restart to normal windows desktop and you will be fine.

Edited by pavilion_alex

Thank you alex for your link and assistance.

I hope it comes of some help for 64bitfan.

I hope he hasnt done a format by windows yet... didnt seem like somethin he wanted to do.

I do all you say for get the upgrade. FAIL!!!!  <_<

I do try to uninstall... FAIL!!!!!  :huh:

I do try to use the tool... FAIL!!!!  :(  

​I do by SAVE MODE...... FAIL!!!!!!  :angry:

I try to find the driver we say... FAIL!!!!  :angry:

All I do and still "ROLLING BACK".  :angry: 

NO MORE LIE.......... FORMAT THE COMPUTER AND REINTALL WINDOWS...... NOW I GOT THE ESET v7 VERSION.  -_- 
ESET got a bad configuration the upgrade the v6 to v7.  <_<

• Most Valued Members

the configuration and compiling of v6 and v7 are perfectly fine, you messed everything in your pc.

when v7 was out, I upgraded directly on top of v6, guess what. I didn't format my hdd.

it's not a Microsoft or Eset problem, it's yours.

since you might have already did a format, be very careful what programs you install, as they MIGHT interfere with installing antivirus programs.

I am glad you are running OK now. Version 7 is very very good.

You could try uninstalling ver7 right now to make sure everything is ok now ??

:lol:  However i think you would not want to do this.

Thank you for posting 64bitfan.

• Administrators

If installation rolls back, it's usually due to a problem with certain registry keys or values. Please run LiveInstaller and send me the install log %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp\eset\liveinstaller_[date][time].log attached to a personal message for further analysis if the install fails.

Most common cause of rollback is usually corrupt BFE service (if Vista/7) and may indicate infection.

If you open command prompt and type "sc query BFE" what does that return? Alternatively check for Sirefef infection using this article hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2895&ref=tw

the configuration and compiling of v6 and v7 are perfectly fine, you messed everything in your pc.

when v7 was out, I upgraded directly on top of v6, guess what. I didn't format my hdd.

it's not a Microsoft or Eset problem, it's yours.

since you might have already did a format, be very careful what programs you install, as they MIGHT interfere with installing antivirus programs.

The problem become by ESET button upgrade check.

The software download upgrade automaticaly and then install automaticaly.

IT'S ME????

The only way I see.
Format and reinstall Windows.
Then get the fresh ESET installation.
DO NOT TOUCH THE "CHECK FOR NEW VERSION" BUTTON.... WE DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPEN NEXT.

post-2080-0-46929700-1383967497_thumb.jpg

post-2080-0-77730300-1383967528_thumb.jpg

• Most Valued Members

since you faced a problem doesn't mean that everyone will too.

after you installed Windows again, did you install all the programs you had prior the format?

also I see the window borders are smaller than expected, did you alter the Windows installation somehow?

• ESET Insiders

It could be also the problem of rights in Registry HKLM\Software and/or HKCU\Software. You may want to refresh them and add full rights to Administrators (I think there will be one key that will not allow you do that).

Tomo

• 2 weeks later...

I delete all eset registry.... and still the problem.
I resolved by format and reinstall windows. The only way I found.
I'm a computer technician and I Know what I do.
I got Technician licence in 2004 and perfect 10 on class.
I'm a software tester in all instalations and see how to work.
ESET is the best antivirus...... But this time, the installation got bad.
I'm sorry for my report but the truth is more better.

• Administrators

Installation is accomplished by Windows Installer. If there's a serious problem with Windows Installer or the operating system as such, sometimes the only way to get things working is to reinstall the oper. system (although this should be basically very rare).

• ESET Insiders

Most common cause of rollback is usually corrupt BFE service (if Vista/7) and may indicate infection.

If you open command prompt and type "sc query BFE" what does that return? Alternatively check for Sirefef infection using this article hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2895&ref=tw

This should be the most probable cause, because installation seems to be conflicting when installing FIREWALL components and then the rollback occurs

Temporary Workaround -----

Use the ESET uninstaller tool in Safe Mode

Install Smart Security 7

Dont install new versions!

No visible problems in EAV

• ESET Insiders

Another cause *could* be missing/corrupt DDA (Direct Disk Access) modules in Windows due to, well, pretty much any reason.. Windows failure, rootkit, ...

I am just about scanning the Net for the solution..

Tomo