All in One Installer - 64bit - Downloaded 0 -bytes

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening,

I hate to start another topic, but this seems strange. When i create an all in one installer from RA 6.4x I can down load the 32bit installer, but when the 64bit installer downloads, it creates a zero byte file. I have attempted with Chrome, IE, and FF and have had no success in acquiring a 64bit version. 

The 32bit seems to download just fine to my local machine. 

Is there a log file i can look for to see if something went wrong?

Thanks,

Jdashn

• Administrators
  • Solution

I think this could be caused by a 120s timeout for downloading installers which is a known bug. This issue is also discussed in other topics in this ERA forum. If you have a fast Internet connection, try downloading the installer later.

Thanks Marcos!

Strange that the 32bit consistently succeeds though where the 64bit version fails but only on the download to my local machine. I imagine it's just that little extra size maybe that's pushing it over the edge? 

I'll keep my eyes out for a fix for the 120sec installer download timeout bug and see if the issue is resolved for us then.

Jdashn

• ESET Staff

Strange that the 32bit consistently succeeds though where the 64bit version fails but only on the download to my local machine. I imagine it's just that little extra size maybe that's pushing it over the edge?

What was the state of progress bar when it failed? Or it started downloading file (i.e. have you been asked to save file) and failed afterwards? I am asking because mentioned known issue should cause problems only if it takes more than 120 seconds since package creation is requested and until first part of created package is requests (this in most browser happens just after save location is chosen, except browsers like Firefox which are pre-downloading files even before save location is chosen). Once package downloading started, your browser must download at least 10MB per 120 seconds, but I guess this is not problem?

The issue i have been having happens after the progress bar completes and then i'm asked to download a file. It is this file that gets downloaded and a zero byte file is produced. Is this not the problem that other people have been having? Is there more information that i can provide?

thanks!

Jdashn

• ESET Staff

The issue i have been having happens after the progress bar completes and then i'm asked to download a file. It is this file that gets downloaded and a zero byte file is produced. Is this not the problem that other people have been having? Is there more information that i can provide?

thanks!

Jdashn

Most users don't even get prompt for saving file - but it may be only difference caused by browser.

For further analysis you may enable full trace logging in SERVER's settings, attempt to generate installer and once it fails, send me privately (PM) trace.log it generated (+ do not forget to disable full trace logging). Trace log should contain more detailed information and we will be able to check whether it is the same issue and especially whether it will work with fix that is on the way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Moderators

Hello, we have the fixed file available, currently on a on-request basis.
If you are interested, please contact me via a PM and specify whether you want the Linux or Windows version and whether 32 or 64 bit edition.
Please note that the Linux version can only be used with ERA Server 6.4.304.0 and the Windows version can only be used with ERA Server 6.4.295.0.
Regards,
T.

Hello,

The files are now publically available, you can read the instructions and download them at hxxp://support.eset.com/ca6177/

Regards,

T.