NOD32 Version 9.0.x no announcement?

wolliballa

Just tried an offline install on a W7-32 machine and was told that 8.0.319 was not the newest revision. Auto-Update led to version 9.0.318.1 ( apparently new GUI). Funny enough, also the German ESET download site also presents 9.x version. Were would I find changelog / announcement of availability for 9.x ( if in this forum I must have overseen it)

BTW my NOD32 8.0.319 on a Windows 10 /64  machine tells me to be up-to-date and no updates available.

Edited by wolliballa

• Administrators

The latest version is 8.0.319. V9 has been released in Slovak, Czech and German languages so far with others to follow soon.

Just tried an offline install on a W7-32 machine and was told that 8.0.319 was not the newest revision. Auto-Update led to version 9.0.318.1 ( apparently new GUI). Funny enough, also the German ESET download site also presents 9.x version. Were would I find changelog / announcement of availability for 9.x ( if in this forum I must have overseen it)

BTW my NOD32 8.0.319 on a Windows 10 /64  machine tells me to be up-to-date and no updates available.

you mean to say that if I install 8.0.319 it will auto update to v9? I checked yesterday and it stated that 8.0.319 was the latest version!

• Most Valued Members

v9 has been released only in Slovak, Czech and German

in the coming weeks other languages will follow.

• Administrators

Also an automatic program update to v9 is not planned to take place any time soon. Users will be able to choose between the latest version of v8 and v9.

Hello,

I was using 8.0.319 with Windows 10 Pro (German Version)

When I discovered, that 9.0.318.x is available, It installed it over the existing 8.0.319.

It seemed to work well, after installation I was suggested to reboot, the existing license was included and working.

After this some times I could not print, print manager received the print jobs, but did not print.

Then I shut down the system, print outs were made some times surprisingly.

I deinstalled the 9 version (via control panel Programms and features)

I reinstalled the 9 version (the download 9.0.318.1 from your website seems to be not the latest one, the installer procedure downloads a newer version 9.0.318.10.)

Now I was asked to enter the licencse code , which I received by your user-name/Passwort-converter.

ESET 9 made a fully system check, seemed all ok.

But from then the Windows EDGE Browser often failed in opening websites (saying "Sorry I could not do this", should I search for it?) , system got very slowly or did what it want, I was waiting, waiting)

Sorry to say, but after uninstalling ESET 9 again, system seems running much more quickly, EDGE Browser responds at once.

At this moment I have only the factory built in MS Defender running.

Wondering, if I should reinstall 8.0.319 or waiting for a 9.x Update which eliminates the problems above.

• Administrators

1, Problem with printing - this has been reported by 1-2 users out of several dozens of thousands who have installed v9 so far. We'll need you to supply certain logs for further analysis. Once we have pinpointed the issue, we should be able to provide a fix quickly thanks to so-called uPCUs first introduced in v9.

2, Problem with Edge - this has been reported by a few users and is being looked at.

If you are willing to help us find the cause of the issues, let me know. The sooner we find out the cause, the sooner we'll be able to provide a fix.

Hello Marcos,

1, Problem with printing - this has been reported by 1-2 users out of several dozens of thousands who have installed v9 so far. We'll need you to supply certain logs for further analysis. Once we have pinpointed the issue, we should be able to provide a fix quickly thanks to so-called uPCUs first introduced in v9.

2, Problem with Edge - this has been reported by a few users and is being looked at.

If you are willing to help us find the cause of the issues, let me know. The sooner we find out the cause, the sooner we'll be able to provide a fix.

Yes I will. Which information do You need and via which channel can I provide You with this information?

Hello,

I was using 8.0.319 with Windows 10 Pro (German Version)

When I discovered, that 9.0.318.x is available, It installed it over the existing 8.0.319.

It seemed to work well, after installation I was suggested to reboot, the existing license was included and working.

After this some times I could not print, print manager received the print jobs, but did not print.

Then I shut down the system, print outs were made some times surprisingly.

I deinstalled the 9 version (via control panel Programms and features)

I reinstalled the 9 version (the download 9.0.318.1 from your website seems to be not the latest one, the installer procedure downloads a newer version 9.0.318.10.)

Now I was asked to enter the licencse code , which I received by your user-name/Passwort-converter.

ESET 9 made a fully system check, seemed all ok.

But from then the Windows EDGE Browser often failed in opening websites (saying "Sorry I could not do this", should I search for it?) , system got very slowly or did what it want, I was waiting, waiting)

Sorry to say, but after uninstalling ESET 9 again, system seems running much more quickly, EDGE Browser responds at once.

At this moment I have only the factory built in MS Defender running.

Wondering, if I should reinstall 8.0.319 or waiting for a 9.x Update which eliminates the problems above.

Oh, I wish I knew German.

I want to try Version 9 so badly. ;)

• Administrators

Hello Marcos,

Yes I will. Which information do You need and via which channel can I provide You with this information?

First of all, I'd suggest that you wait a bit until v9 global release. Should the problems persist with the latest v9, please create a new topic for each of the issues. Also include information which of the protection modules has to be disabled for the issue to go away. You can also try disabling protocol filtering and HIPS in the advanced setup if disabling protection modules in gui doesn't make any difference.