Automatically scan external drives?

Go to solution Solved by Janus,

Hi all,

I may be having a slow day, but I cannot find an option to automatically scan USB drives when attached (instead of a prompt) - could anyone advise me how to set this option please? I am using ESS 6.

Is this option also available in Endpoint Antivirus - as I would like to set this option at work too, please?

Many thanks in advance

Matt

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

I am not sure that ESS 6 has this option as it was just added to the latest ESS 7.0.104.0 beta that was released this week. In the ESS 7 beta, you can find the option here: Advanced setup > Computer > Removable media. You can see if that setting is in ESS 6, but I do not believe it is although I may be wrong as I am not running version 6 on any of my machines. I would think since the option was just added in the last beta 7 release that version 6 does not have it.

• ESET Insiders

Thanks Janus,

I was not sure that option was in ESS 6 as I do not have access to that version at the moment. Your link shows that it is (slightly different location than in ESS 7). I guess that option was omitted from the first beta release of ESS 7 and was added again with the second beta ESS 7 release...

Note to myself: I need to remember to search the kb articles more often to find answers  :ph34r:  ...

• ESET Staff

Hi all,

I'm glad to see that we've been able to help MattHardwood out with Removable Media protection in ESS6. In ESET Endpoint Security this feature is called "Device Control" and the corresponding Knowledgebase article can be found here.

• Administrators

As of v7, removable media control was replaced with Device control known from Endpoint which provides protection against many more devices than the previously used feature.

Thank you to everyone that replied, you have been a great help! I've now implemented this at home and will look to test/rollout on our corporate network.

Thanks again!