• 4 weeks later...
  • ESET Insiders

Description:  TXT log files
Detail:  Creating text log file (csv, xml, ...) as in business products would be great help to support guys.

• ESET Moderators

Hello PodrskaNORT,

actually it is already implemented in Endpoint v.5

Advanced settings -> Tools -> Log files -> Text protocol -> Enable text protocol.

You can choose from plain text, CSV or even event log.

Regards,

Hello, everyone :-))

Description: Enhanced online security is the headline ,but what I actually mean is, an anti keylogger function which will scramble keystrokes.

How it could be incorporated in the product :

The idea is basically, that every time that a user use the net to an online purchase, (using secure connections like Https), or  doing online banking, then will Eset smart security or nod32 detect, that a secure connection are in use / established, and will automatically scramble the user's keystrokes. A function that will benefit all, and will not only benefit advanced users. This anti keylogger function, would also be really nice to see in "Eset Mobile security".

Regards, Janus

I'd like to see in future versions of Eset Smart Security a Sandbox.

Many security software companies on the market already offer this resource on their products.

I consider a Sandbox one of the best ways to deal with zero day threats.

I think all the Eset users would appreciate to count with a Eset`s sandbox.

Thanks for the opportunity to express my opinion.

Hello Eset.

Description : Sandbox  (I know that this feature is requested earlier, so this is only meant as a supplement to a already existing wish)

Detail/why...: Hey Eset, create your own Sandbox, as a standalone tool, not as a integrated solution to Eset, but a separate solution, that you can download as a paying customer, only. It can e.g. be created so it will only work in combination with a eset product. Like many others I miss a sandbox solution. I know it is not the the solution of everything, regarding malware which have not yet been identified, but in my perspective, it is a much more friendlier solution, than the H.I.P.S function. Which are a much more advanced and harder tool to fully master than a Sandbox.

Regards, Janus

These are good ideas. They get my vote. B)

Sincerely,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

first congrats to your great support given all along in your 'old' forum site. I'm sure it will be the same in this new one.

I'm very satisfied with ESET v.6 : great performance and excellent detection rate. Also the Interactive Mode fits best for advanced users.

Suggestion:
What I would most like in ESET is the capability of sorting the entries in the HIPS Management (Hips > Rule editor > configure rules), especially sorting by Source Applications or by Rules (exe name). This makes it easier to find rules to edit or delete.
Or: make the last rule created to appear in latest position down in the list.

The same would be nice for the Firewall rules.

Cheers,
XenonS

• Administrators

Suggestion:

What I would most like in ESET is the capability of sorting the entries in the HIPS Management (Hips > Rule editor > configure rules), especially sorting by Source Applications or by Rules (exe name). This makes it easier to find rules to edit or delete.

Or: make the last rule created to appear in latest position down in the list.

The rules are sorted by action (Allow / Deny / Ask) and then alphabetically by the source application. I think this ordering makes it easier to look up a desired rule rather than if rules were sorted just by the time of creation.

No, that's not the case (yet ?). In v. 6, I have all rules allowed on the left and then it's a mix of Allowed / Files/ Application or Allowed / - / Applications or Allowed / - / - 

All these don't appear in 1 group.

Also you don't remember this sequence long time after. It would me much easier to click on "Source applications" and then all would be sorted. I took some 5-10 minutes to search the crowed window for an app to remove.

XenonS

Edited by XenonS

Guest Andrew Jones

I was asked to publish these requests here.

1. If viewing personal firewall logs and a lot of data is being generated, it constantly jumps to the newest entry. Effectively censoring any entries that are off screen. 

2. I couldn't find a way to filter 'out' entries in the log with a rule, only filter 'in'. Filter-in is only useful if you know what your looking for. I have a tendency to filter out(ignore) all the irrelevant log entries and examine the important ones. Perhaps a regular expression type filter system would be good.

Andy Jones

Long time Eset Subscriber.

• Administrators

1. If viewing personal firewall logs and a lot of data is being generated, it constantly jumps to the newest entry. Effectively censoring any entries that are off screen. 

This shouldn't normally happen. Make sure you don't have logging of all blocked communications enabled which should only be used with care when troubleshooting connectivity issues.

2. I couldn't find a way to filter 'out' entries in the log with a rule, only filter 'in'. Filter-in is only useful if you know what your looking for. I have a tendency to filter out(ignore) all the irrelevant log entries and examine the important ones. Perhaps a regular expression type filter system would be good.

The filter enables you to filter records according to certain text they contain in specified columns plus you can specify the severity of the records to filter as well as the time period. If you need more advanced filtering, you can export the log to a text file and use other tools to filter the desired records.

Guest Eset 7 beta trial

sorry OOT.
In ESS 7 beta, how can I set HIPS to only block files on root drive for being deleted (but the child folders are permitted) ?
should I set the HIPS rules like this: block D:\*\*.*

• Administrators

sorry OOT.

In ESS 7 beta, how can I set HIPS to only block files on root drive for being deleted (but the child folders are permitted) ?

This is probably not possible, wildcards in this form are not supported. I was unable to accomplish it either.

FYI:

encrypted SSL on https://forum.eset.com is being untrusted by ESS 7.0.104 beta :huh: , is that normal condition, guys?

It works fine for me. Please post the warning you're getting and let us know what browser and its version you use. Try the following:

- with web browsers and email clients closed, disable SSL scanning

- enable SSL scanning

- launch the browser

Guest Trial Eset 7

sorry OOT.

This is probably not possible, wildcards in this form are not supported. I was unable to accomplish it either.

FYI:

encrypted SSL on https://forum.eset.com is being untrusted by ESS 7.0.104 beta :huh: , is that normal condition, guys?

It works fine for me. Please post the warning you're getting and let us know what browser and its version you use. Try the following:

- with web browsers and email clients closed, disable SSL scanning

- enable SSL scanning

- launch the browser

1. Close my browsers (Firefox 22, IE 8)
  2. Disable scanning SSL
  3. Enable scanning SSL

the result is ESS always gives me a notif : an attempt to add the root certificate to all known browsers on your computer failed

then, I open my browsers, IE & Firefox give me a notif:

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server. 

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website. 

- Click here to close this webpage. 

- Continue to this website (not recommended). 

More information

Also, the verifier.exe mode (drivers) fiture on my XP pro SP3 don't pass eamon.sys in ESS version 6 & beta 7. BSOD is hapenned by eamon.sys in latest ESS 5, 6, 7 beta.

But in normal mode, no BSOD.

in Safe Mode, I change it to version eamon.sys in ESS version 5.0.95, everything is just fine about verifier problem. But the SSL scanning is still the same.

I love that version (ESS 5 early version, eamon.sys)

Maybe, I will try to formating my OS and post the result later.

Thanks Marcos for the reply.

• Administrators

For Firefox 22 and newer, you'll need to export the root certificate from ESS and import it to Firefox manually in order for https websites to open properly.

Would removing XP support from future versions of Eset improvement performance?  I think Eset should stop supporting XP after Eset 7, Microsoft isn't supporting it anymore in 2014, customers can just stay with Eset 7 for XP.

Edited by nestek

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

ESET will be supporting Microsoft Windows XP for quite some time into the future. Keep in mind that ESET still provides support for Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 4.0 SP 6a as well as Microsoft Windows 2000, so support for an OS isn't going to go away right after the manufacturer stops supporting it.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Would removing XP support from future versions of Eset improvement performance?  I think Eset should stop supporting XP after Eset 7, Microsoft isn't supporting it anymore in 2014, customers can just stay with Eset 7 for XP.

Guest Suj_96

You should make a installer which detects the presence of previous versions of eset. And also helps in uninstalling that product.

The startup scan could be made more faster and could see some change in GUI.

You should make antispam more better.

You should make a installer which detects the presence of previous versions of eset. And also helps in uninstalling that product.

The startup scan could be made more faster and could see some change in GUI.

You should make antispam more better.

Just FYI, the startup scan takes between 3-10 Sec on average in my experience and that is on a very old PC as well (amount of startup items and hardware may play a role), and the antispam is getting better continuously. :)

Regarding the GUI, it sounds like a new one is in the works.....

GUI is subject to change as the program develops over time. I presume even more people will prefer the new gui we're working to the current one in v6/v7  :)

Edited by SweX

Description: I would like eset to find out the famous tracking cookies

Detail: This feature is wild spread in other solutions, it´s a good idea to improve the detection of this cookies in the signature detection, It´s good for privacy 

And also a problem that i have seem with many version as well is that when i turn on the analysis of ssl certificates, many of the pages under SSL show the web page in a bad way, some time only the text of the web page is shown. I would like eset to review that, because i have seen the same problem in other computers.

Detail: This feature is wild spread in other solutions, it´s a good idea to improve the detection of this cookies in the signature detection, It´s good for privacy 

Since cookies are normally not malicious, Eset and nod32 engine has not detected cookies.

Sometimes cookies are used for useful purposes.

Maybe a feature in nod32 or SS could be enable or disable detection of tracking cookies.

however this would be a lot, and i mean a lot of extra footwork for the company and developers to keep updated.

Many vendors (including ESET) do not detect tracking cookies, as they are not really malicious like malware. 

And the solution is actually very simple, when you're done browsing clear out the cookies, temps, cache, etc... manually in the browsers settings. Or you can download CCleaner and run it once you have exit the browser, and it will do all that for you.

But be sure to opt out of the 3'rd party bundle stuff during the CCleaner installation if you don't want it, (or one can download the "slim build" that also is available on piriform.com that don't have anything bundled in the installer)

Edited by SweX

The filter enables you to filter records according to certain text they contain in specified columns plus you can specify the severity of the records to filter as well as the time period. If you need more advanced filtering, you can export the log to a text file and use other tools to filter the desired records.

This is quite irritating behavior - and is precisely what brought me to the forums today - especially when it's the inverse behavior of how the "filter" option used to work.  I thought perhaps it was a bug, only now to find out it's a "feature".  Is there any chance of restoring the previous functionality, of excluding items in the filter, instead of filtering one item to the exclusion of all else?

The visibility of Ghost account created by AntiTheft should be switch. If I want to appear then it is ON or I want to hide it is OFF.
It would be great for that people who would like to keep only one account on their PC. ;)

Guest Suj_96

I would love eset to, instead of just reporting malware detected to the user, provide options to clean,delete or quarantine the malware found after scanning of a file.