product activation failed in windows 10

• Administrators

The latest supported build of Windows 10 is 10074. Are you positive you are using this one?

• Administrators

Please download the v9 beta installer from ESET's website which is now fully compatible with Windows 10 build 10130.

Hi, I am using windows 10 Build 10135, got the same problem of cannot be activated even download the latest ESET Beta 9 from the web. Wating for updates. Thank you!

• Administrators

Windows 10 build 10130 is the latest one that is supported. It's been mentioned here by somebody that 10135 was not released officially by Microsoft.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Activation, firewall and HIPS is broken on 10159 which is the new official release.  Also, after exprting my settings, reinstalling bet 9 to see if it resolved the issues, then importing my settings, I received an error stating that some of my settings were incompatible (with the same version they were exported from).

Reinstalling (twice) did not resolve the issues.

Please advise.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried NOD32 Beta 9 x64 on Windows 10 x64 and got the same errors.

Also activating NOD32 was impossible, I just ended up in a loop. No way to put the username and key in.

Still, I guess that's just one of the joys of beta testing.

I can later update to v9 when is final for Smart Securtity V9 coming later these summer well and  Windows 10 is RTM now

• Former ESET Employees

All modules that need to be updated to be compatible with Win10 10240 should be ready later today, but we need to test it, so it will be available sometimes next week.

All modules that need to be updated to be compatible with Win10 10240 should be ready later today, but we need to test it, so it will be available sometimes next week.

Marcos posted that V9 is compatible with 10240 today. Does it also include activation?

Thank you.

@ Duluc these folks are serious professionals, how could they leave it aside ? you should trust them buddy ;)

Yeah, probably a dumb question. :P

But he didn't mention it, though and it's good to be 100% clear. :)

-Edit-

Nope, not a dumb question after all. The setup can't activate. :(

Edited by Duluc

• ESET Moderators

Hello Duluc,

which version of ESET product do you use right now?

Please share also version of HIPS support module and Anti-stealth support module.

Anyway if you enable the pre-release updates it should work.

If not please let us know.

P.R.

Hello Duluc,

which version of ESET product do you use right now?

Please share also version of HIPS support module and Anti-stealth support module.

P.R.

i have the beta version of eset using win 10 10240 cant activate the beta

That's my problem too. I can't activate on a new install of NOD32. New installers were promised for the 20th of July. We're waiting.

Hello Duluc,

P.R.

But Marcos said "v9 doesn't distinguish between regular and pre-release updates during the beta phase."   :unsure:

https://forum.eset.com/topic/5409-v9-compatibility-with-windows-10/?p=30217