Any news about NOD32 v9?

Any news like a release date? new features? would it carry performance improvements to become lighter?

Lighter? Lol.................It is already the lightest av out there. 

Any news like a release date? new features? would it carry performance improvements to become lighter?

no

AV-TEST

no

AV-TEST

Lol.............................I guess you don't get around much. Just cause one company say's its performance is poor that's how your basing your post? The true test is how an av actually feels on your system. FYI..............Eset is #1 according to AV Comarivies. 

hxxp://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/avc_per_201410_en.pdf

Edited by LabVIEW707

It is indeed lightweight to my system although it has quite a high ram usage like 100+ MB. However, it is not lightweight to my Internet. I don't want to post any off topic here, but just to hope that ESET will come out with a better product and bring back all its lightweightness.

no

AV-TEST

Does none of the other test results count ?

Maybe ESET should bailout from AV-Test so people refer to other test results  :rolleyes:.....

Symantec and G-Data bailed out from AV-C (cowards) and no one complained.

As a long time ESET user you know very well that ESET is quiet as a clam until BETA 1 arrives. They mention no approximate release date, no features, no nothing. So this thread will only serve as a thread for speculating minds.

Edited by SweX

although it has quite a high ram usage like 100+ MB. 

We can discuss the RAM usage if you like and whether the usage really is that high in comparison....but I rather not do it again, so I suggest you search the forum to see if you find a couple of threads and posts where this has been discussed and find a few answer about it.  :)

Edited by SweX

It is indeed lightweight to my system although it has quite a high ram usage like 100+ MB. However, it is not lightweight to my Internet. I don't want to post any off topic here, but just to hope that ESET will come out with a better product and bring back all its lightweightness.

I have a 105MB connection so I never notice anything. Try using the pre release updates in Eset as suggested in other areas of the forums. 

no

AV-TEST

Lol.............................I guess you don't get around much. Just cause one company say's its performance is poor that's how your basing your post? The true test is how an av actually feels on your system. FYI..............Eset is #1 according to AV Comarivies. 

hxxp://www.av-comparatives.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/avc_per_201410_en.pdf

Wow, I'm shocked! how can 2 sites from two diff. AV testing organizations vary so much! this states ESET is the lightest!! thanks a lot for that bro

Edited by Matrix Leader

That's why you need to take these tests with a grain of salt. But people base their security setups on the results of these kinds of testing. Watch how many people start using Avast again just cause AVTest.org voted it #1 in detection. But yet for almost a year it was on the bottom. 

That's why you need to take these tests with a grain of salt. But people base their security setups on the results of these kinds of testing. Watch how many people start using Avast again just cause AVTest.org voted it #1 in detection. But yet for almost a year it was on the bottom. 

you're right.....I'm not gonna stick to these benchmarks anymore......the reason I left NOD32 for almost a year is all AV-TEST's fault as it kept putting NOD32 at the worst performance @ 3.5/6 for almost more than a year........so something kept telling in my head......that I am using the heaviest AV

Im just gonna use what works for me and ignore the benchmarks

@Labview707

I (and others) have posted that AV-C performance result link for ML on this and other forums several times only to show him the difference between test results, so there really is no need for him to get "shocked" as he must have seen it before unless he have deliberately avoided to click on the AV-C link all other times it has been posted for him. But if he finally checked it now, then very good. It's just a test among all the other tests, so take it for what it is. All I know is that I will never be one of those that change product based on a singel test.

Edited by SweX

Yes, AV-Test...

https://forum.eset.com/topic/4486-poor-av-test-results/

https://forum.eset.com/topic/3980-why-does-eset-always-perform-bad-in-av-tests/

It were always the same (or at least similar) answers and no one missed an information about the AV Comparatives test. And have a look who created the latest topic... :rolleyes:

And you're shocked? Really?

Edited by rugk

• 2 weeks later...

I take no notice of AV Comparatives... I wanna be knowing how they make their money, folks just don't do now't for now't these days.

Good bad or indifferent what anyone say's..... try it, see for yourself is the way to go. If it was that bad dy'a think we'd all be using it? I certainly wouldn't, if that was the case ESET wouldn't last two minutes - yes I have a gripe with NOD32 but doesn't affect it's performance? I've never caught anything nasty no matter what AV Comparatives say,  NOD32 slapped my hands once or twice stopping me going to 'dodgy' sites.... I can take the drive out  and do a scan on a different computer with another AV and it comes up clean.

At least, you don't get pop-ups after pop-ups with NOD32 like you do with one renowned AV free or paid....  and many others for that matter.

One thing is  often overlooked is many AV testers use different methods of testing.... what would be the point if they ALL used the same method? They're in the job to make money not waste it.

Dave

• ESET Insiders

Good bad or indifferent what anyone say's..... try it, see for yourself is the way to go. If it was that bad dy'a think we'd all be using it? I certainly wouldn't, if that was the case ESET wouldn't last two minutes - yes I have a gripe with NOD32 but doesn't affect it's performance? I've never caught anything nasty no matter what AV Comparatives say,  NOD32 slapped my hands once or twice stopping me going to 'dodgy' sites.... I can take the drive out  and do a scan on a different computer with another AV and it comes up clean.

At least, you don't get pop-ups after pop-ups with NOD32 like you do with one renowned AV free or paid....  and many others for that matter.

One thing is  often overlooked is many AV testers use different methods of testing.... what would be the point if they ALL used the same method? They're in the job to make money not waste it.

Dave

Standardised anti-virus testing would be nice..it'll likely never happen as too many interested parties with money on their minds be it from testing or test results *takes off tin foil hat*.

As for AV-Test, I wish they would explain, in great detail, how they test some of the products as their performance results are the polar opposite to my own experiences. I find AV testing is a non-factor for me as Eset have a proven track record and have been in the AV business for some time now..I've also witnessed today's test darling become tomorrow's digital toilet paper! Many of these tests are published on websites and in magazines so the results do have real world implications.

As for version 9 of Nod32 and ESS, I expect more of the same from Eset. No internet browser add-ons, no temp file sweepers or system tweakers, just low system impact virus protection that is dependable & stable.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

For Eset 9 :

As Avast  : auto-update "critical" softwares (java, flashplayer, browsers...)

As Avast / Teamviewer : monitoring the others Eset when we buy one lisense for 3/5 computers (for i can help my dad and mother)

LiveGrid : scan/show score browser plugins

Better unknow file cloud alert

USB Support immunizes against autorun  :hxxp://labs.bitdefender.com/projects/usb-immunizer/overview/

Show and more easy report bad website (maybe a browser plugin?)

An Eset free version !!!

And sorry for bad english

Hi,

For Eset 9 :

As Avast : auto-update "critical" softwares (java, flashplayer, browsers...)

As Avast / Teamviewer : monitoring the others Eset when we buy one lisense for 3/5 computers (for i can help my dad and mother)

USB Support immunizes against autorun :hxxp://labs.bitdefender.com/projects/usb-immunizer/overview/

An Eset free version !!!

Eset can not copy Avast features like Teamviewer, they try to develop something own.

Hi,

For Eset 9 :

An Eset free version !!!

Ehmmm. It sounds like Avast paid or Avast free would suit you very well.

Hi,

For Eset 9 :

An Eset free version !!!

Ehmmm. It sounds like Avast paid or Avast free would suit you very well.

Good call SweX. ;)

If the past is any indication of the future, I'd expect a v9 beta in August or so and a general release in late October or early November (although that seems to have been tied more to new Windows releases that anything else, so if the rumors are true about a Fall general availability of Windows 10, perhaps it will be earlier this year).

--

bc