Customer satisfaction survey 2024

Marcos

Customer satisfaction survey 2024  

31 members have voted

1. 1. For how long have you been using ESET products?

• 1 year or less
    • 1-5 years
    • More than 5 years
  2. 2. What ESET security products do you use? (multiple selections are possible)

• ESET NOD32 Antivirus
    • ESET Internet Security
    • ESET Smart Security Premium
    • ESET Ultimate Security
    • ESET Small Business Security / ESET Safe Server
    • ESET CyberSecurity (Pro) for MacOS
    • ESET Endpoint Antivirus or ESET Endpoint Security for Windows
    • ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Linux
    • ESET Endpoint Antivirus or ESET Endpoint Security for macOS
    • ESET Server security products
    • ESET PROTECT On-premise
    • ESET PROTECT (cloud)
    • ESET Inspect On-premise
    • ESET Inspect (cloud)
    • ESET Managed Detection & Response service
    • ESET LiveGuard Advanced
  3. 3. Do you find the footprint of ESET in comparison with competetive products

• Lighter
    • Equal
    • Heavier
    • I cannot tell
  4. 4. Do you find detection and protection capabilities of ESET in comparison with competetive products (based on your own real-world experience):

• Better
    • Equal
    • Worse
    • I cannot tell
  5. 5. Have you been infected with malware while using ESET in last year? If so, please provide details about the malware in a comment below.

• Yes, the malware was found by another antivirus
    • Yes, the malware was found by myself
    • No
  6. 6. Have you been hit by ransomware while using ESET last year?

• Yes. ESET was uninstalled or not running after the encryption
    • Yes. ESET was running after the encryption
    • No
  7. 7. Do you plan to renew your ESET license? If not, please provide reasons in a comment below.

• Yes
    • No
  8. 8. Were most of your forum queries answered in a timely manner this year? If not, please provide more information in a comment below.

• Yes
    • No
  9. 9. Did you mostly get accurate answers to your forum queries this year? If not, please provide more information in a comment below.

• Yes
    • No
  10. 10. If you opened a support ticket, did it lead to a resolution of your issue? If not, please include also the ticket numbers in a comment below.

• Yes
    • No
    • I didn't open any ticket with technical support
  11. 11. How satisfied are you overall with ESET products (user experience, performance, protection), support, documentation, the direction of development, etc. ?

• Very satisfied
    • Satisfied
    • Neutral
    • Dissatisfied
    • Very dissatisfied

• Administrators

Welcome to our annual survey!

We greatly value your feedback and invite you to participate in our annual survey. Your insights are crucial in helping us understand your experience with our software product, the quality of our support services and the overall direction of our product development.

If you were not satisfied with the speed or quality of our responses, either in this forum or in your support tickets, we would appreciate it if you could provide the appropriate link to your post or the ticket number in a comment below. This will help us review how it was handled and improve our communication in the future.

We would also greatly appreciate any objective comments from you about what you like about ESET, what you dislike, and what you would like to change or improve in the future. We are approaching the release of new versions of our security products, some of which will introduce new features, such as Folder Guard, Ransomware Remediation, support for neural processing units (NPU) and others. Our goal is to tailor and develop our products to meet your needs.  We actively listen to you and continually gather feedback, which is then used to determine the features to incorporate and set our priorities based on global usefulness and demand.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Your input is instrumental in our ongoing efforts to provide you with the best possible experience. :)

Best regards,
Marcos on behalf of ESET

• Marcos pinned this topic

@Marcos,

I just completed your survey, but I had to deceive the survey to submit it successfully.  Question 10 requires a "Yes" or "No" answer. In my case, I have never submitted a Support Ticket, so there should be a "Not Applicable" option.  I answered "Yes", but that is untrue, since I never submitted any tickets.

You have been most helpful to me when I have posted in the Forums, so I have had no need to open a Support Ticket.

Have a great day.  I applaud ESET for listening to their customers.

Regards,
Phil

On 9/28/2024 at 10:35 PM, Marcos said:

Folder Guard, Ransomware Remediation, support for neural processing units (NPU) and others

Can't wait to see these new features!!!

Edited by Mr_Frog

I myself am very satisfied with ESET products. The only thing I miss is that I can't buy a license for ESET Ultimate for one device. I would buy ESET Ultimate myself if they allowed a single device license. So I have ESET Smart security Premium.

Consider the option of only one license per device with ESET Ultimate. Otherwise, you have great products, but with the above mentioned proposal, you don't want to listen to your customers.

Reason for (Maybe not renewing) to expensive.

Never got a straight reason why a program was listed as possibly unwanted software.

Also the internet is a little slower, to much traffic flowing to a from Eset.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, pipes said:

Reason for (Maybe not renewing) to expensive.

If possible, please drop me a personal message with information what AV with basically same features as ESET is much cheaper.

Never got a straight reason why a program was listed as possibly unwanted software.

PUA detections are disputed with PUA vendors and the vendors or their lawyers are informed about reasons for detection. Since PUA disputes concern legal actions, these matters are sensitive and it is not desired to provide details publicly in advance.

Also the internet is a little slower, to much traffic flowing to a from Eset.

This should be investigated as it could be caused by Windows Filtering Platform itself or another software filtering network traffic that installs a WFP filter. Please raise a support ticket for assistance with further investigation of the issue.

Has the serious bug/issue with ESET Cybersecurity discussed at https://forum.eset.com/topic/41814-detection-engine-out-of-date-despite-just-checking/#comment-191002 been investigated and resolved by the ESET engineer?

I’ve been patiently waiting for a response for almost a week, but still haven’t received satisfactory results. It also seems that many Mac users have encountered this issue.

For some countries like the US (ESET)they run huge promotions but not everywhere.

Earlier ESET pricing was competitive in my country but now its working out more expensive then other vendors.

I have taken 3 device/3 year packs for over 12+ years and upcoming renewal is quite high.

While it will be a pain to install new products but this time I am looking to consider it.

Edited by Clark_10

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Clark_10 said:

Earlier ESET pricing was competitive in my country but now its working out more expensive then other vendors.

What country are you from? If from India, they have the lowest prices in the world Id say in orther to be competetive with other AVs on the local market.

I became a customer again after 10+ years as I found ESET a trustworthy company with a good mix of security/performance at their AV products. Right now, I face performance issues with gaming + ESET Ultimate Security. Beside of that, and that's the most concerning point for me, I had a really bad experience with the 2 tickets for the same topic (#CASE_00825955, #66DE021E0020) where support took weeks to reply, then I had to create a new ticket that took no real progress as well and finally requesting several kind of sensitive or personal data by requesting absolutely useless logs and the support trying to play it down. Finally the issue was resolved by my forum thread within 30 min while support took multiple instances and weeks. Requesting this ton of information without any need and having no real sensibility for this bad behavior, especially as an IT security company, raised multiple red flags from my side and is likely also a violation of GDPR in the way it was done. This did cost a lot of trust, while I was a supporter of your company in the past until I became a customer again. I hope this doesn't happen again and will get reviewed for improving this.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, warg said:

Requesting this ton of information without any need and having no real sensibility for this bad behavior, especially as an IT security company, raised multiple red flags from my side and is likely also a violation of GDPR in the way it was done.

ELC logs were requested because ESET HQ could not reproduce the detection first. It is normal to request basic ELC logs for a variety of cases as you can see in various topics here. ESET is a security company so keeping users' logs confidential is a must. Moreover, ELC logs do not contain any sensitive information, such as credentials. While it's true that they may contain user profile names, personally I would not consider it confidential, at least not in a communication with a security company that maintains general public trust.

3 hours ago, Marcos said:

ESET is a security company so keeping users' logs confidential is a must.

In general it's fine for me to request logs if there is something not reproducible. In this case it was not clear what ESET tried to reproduce it (likely not something I wrote, as you were able to reproduce it within a few minutes) and in this special case I would disagree that it was some basic logs. Furthermore in general it's a good common practice to not share too much data without any need to whoever. Beside of that, there were multiple problems with this kind of request and the generated/collected data:

• there was personal data included (email addresses, user/profile names, computer names, information about external ip addresses, hostnames, etc.)
  • Support said it contains no personal data and your company isn't interested in it. It did and the examples above are just some exampels I remember. So the reply was simply wrong.
  • Support said "Default" profile is fine when I asked for specifying a profile that collects less irrelevant data (e. g. no Windows process list, list of drivers, several other stuff, information about my mailbox, etc.). Obviously this was not needed in my case at all. Beside of that, I even tried to strip it down myself by using a custom profile. The custom profile still collected more data than I did check, e. g. data that I explicitely not checked was still collected as like as it was checked.
  • I don't have any information whether the data is deleted after the support case gets closed nor how long it is stored. If it's somewhere in the walls of text of juristical ToS, privacy policies or whatever it's fine but not transparent, especially in case of a support ticket.

So nothing of this was either needed nor a good practice and with respect of how the whole thing went (e. g. the statement of the support vs. what I found in the logs), it feels more shady. That's nothing I have some kind of comprehension for. If it had been a product I pay for of a different company, not ESET, I would have reported this behavior to our data protection authority.

17 hours ago, Marcos said:

What country are you from? If from India, they have the lowest prices in the world Id say in orther to be competetive with other AVs on the local market.

Let me work it out with support. The pricing you are referring to is the new orders.

My renewal quote is like 50% higher

Edited by Clark_10

@Clark_10,

I am an ESET newbie, so take what I say with a BIG grain of salt.  I have used PCs since 1988 and have always had a paid AV solution.  I have used many different AV products over the years, coming to ESET almost a month ago after leaving the "K" product behind as a result of what the company did to its US customers (I am a Canadian).

The AV companies are run as a business.  As such, they seek to maximize profits, so renewals after the original discount offer and automatic renewals are always at the full price.  My experience has been with OTHER products that if you wait until your subscription is about to lapse or does lapse, I always received a substantial discount for renewing from THOSE companies.

That said, I have NO direct knowledge of any ESET policies that it might offer to induce customers to remain with ESET if they are about to let their subscription lapse.  I will find out in May 2026.

Many customers prefer automatic renewals because there is no stress.  Their cyberprotection is always assured.  Personally, I am retired, living on half a pension because of a divorce, so I count my pennies and always seek the best possible deal.

ESET is a great AV product.  I have a 4-seat, 2-year Premium subscription.  I am hoping that, come renewal time, ESET will offer me a discount.  If not, I will just find another reputable AV solution, take its "Initial Discount Offer," and lock in for as long as I can.

It is a very competitive market.  The costs to the companies are substantial in creating and maintaining a top-scoring AV product.  As a consumer with limited funds, I must leverage the best deal that I can.

As a colleague in another Forum would say: "Just my two cents, and worth less."

Have a great day.

Regards,
Phil