What is the Design on the New ESET Startup Screen and Packaging?

Odriver

The new version of ESET has removed the previous robot and replaced it with something else. What is that exactly? Is it soap? A shoe insole? A layer cake?

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

From looking at the image at https://www.eset.com/fileadmin/ESET/INT/Banners/Home/header1.jpg, it appears to be an artistic rendition of the layers of protection provided by the software.  You would probably need to contact the marketing department for a more thorough answer, though.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, Aryeh Goretsky said:

Hello,

From looking at the image at https://www.eset.com/fileadmin/ESET/INT/Banners/Home/header1.jpg, it appears to be an artistic rendition of the layers of protection provided by the software.  You would probably need to contact the marketing department for a more thorough answer, though.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Your link leads to 404 my brother.

Give us the old eye icon in the taskbar and old skins , would be perfect!

• Most Valued Members

While just a logo I think it would be better if it was something easier to identify as the one shown above is pretty generic e.g. if you showed it to an Eset user like myself, we wouldn't know what company/product it was.

The former logos where a lot more recognisable 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2023 at 7:01 AM, Nightowl said:

Your link leads to 404 my brother.

Give us the old eye icon in the taskbar and old skins , would be perfect!

Oh yes, a "legacy mode" or something like that would be great. For example, in Comodo you can change skins to different ones

It is obviously a change for marketing reasons. While I can see where they were going with the new design it just isn't very relatable. Layered protection doesn't really mean much to the majority of people. But mention AI or Android and that's instantly a lot more recognisable. 

I would prefer the Android over the new logo.

• 3 weeks later...

I am also sad to see the "robot" disappear as the icon of ESET.  When I recently updated ESET and seen this new icon popup, I initially thought it was a "wafer cookie with filling" or a replica of a "Star Wars space craft".  But after reading the information above on what this is, all I can do is shake my head in amazement. Anything that relates to ESET, would have been better than this icon. Even a large "E" would have been better and less confusing to new consumers of ESET.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, to this day I can't figure out what the new image that appears when you start the AV product is. Still, I love ESET and I've been a subscriber for 3 uninterrupted years, without any infections, but I confess that I miss the slightly older ESET where there was less bloat (VPN among other things), the interface was faster (the latest updates have dropped the performance of the graphical interface a lot - there's another thread about this besides me) and the changes in general were smaller but always with a focus on security.