ESSP scan disks that has been excluded from scanning

I have set as default to scan all my disks when doing a scan but when I do a custom scan and uncheck those disks I want it to be excluded from scanning it still scans them anyway. Why? What to do to get ESSP to respect my option for scanning?

• Administrators

Do you mean that if you do a custom scan and don't select a drive (C: in this example), that drive would be scanned regardless?

image.png

17 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Do you mean that if you do a custom scan and don't select a drive (C: in this example), that drive would be scanned regardless?

image.png

Yes exactly. I noticed it jump between disks when scanning also. It should scan the disk completely then scan next disk.

Do you only have the drives themselves selected? If for example the operating memory option is still selected, ESET can still scan files in other drives if they are currently opened in memory, could also explain why it's jumping around between disks.

• Administrators

It could be that you have links to another volume there. As of the next version links won't be followed by default.

14 minutes ago, matte said:

Do you only have the drives themselves selected? If for example the operating memory option is still selected, ESET can still scan files in other drives if they are currently opened in memory, could also explain why it's jumping around between disks.

I only selected OS drive. The other external USB disk is not selected.

4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

It could be that you have links to another volume there. As of the next version links won't be followed by default.

I dont really understand what you mean. What do you mean by "links to another volume"?

When is the next version supposed to be released that address this?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, ESSPUSR said:

I dont really understand what you mean. What do you mean by "links to another volume"?

You can have a hard link, symbolic link or a junction on one volume pointing to a folder on another volume / disk.

1 hour ago, ESSPUSR said:

In 24Q3. The scanner has followed links since NOD32 v1, we plan to add a setting for it in v17.2.