Eset Ultimate Subscription Terms

FYI to those in North America.

Eset only offering it via eStore as 10 seat license minimum purchase. As such, I can't see how anyone with a single seat license will be able to upgrade to it;

Eset_Ultimate.thumb.png.c71360ec62090065ca8b4cefd2030011.png

What's the difference between ESET HOME SECURITY PREMIUM and ESET SMART SECURITY PREMIUM?

And I also agree with the question, why can't you buy an ESET HOME SECURITY ULTUMATE license for only 1 device? In my country the minimum number of devices is 5.

2 minutes ago, Damjan said:

What's the difference between ESET HOME SECURITY PREMIUM and ESET SMART SECURITY PREMIUM?

And I also agree with the question, why can't you buy an ESET HOME SECURITY ULTUMATE license for only 1 device? In my country the minimum number of devices is 5.

Wasn't this previously (16-version and earlier): NOD Antivirus, ESET Internet Security and ESET Smart Security Premium?

30 minutes ago, Damjan said:

same same, to me. both with liveguard.

• Most Valued Members

Yeah it's nearly triple in the UK to go from premium to ultimate which requires you to purchase 5 licenses.

People have asked for a VPN for ages but most may only need it for one device and so may go somewhere else.

I personally don't understand the logic. I also think adding an extra higher level could confuse people on what to get.

It used to be simple. You had the antivirus and then the smart security as the extra e.g. Firewall, network protection.

Premium arrived and it had some extra stuff but very niche. There where some complaints that live guard should have been included without the premium package.

Now there's an extra product meaning there's 4 levels of protection 

I will never buy that package. Never. But let's see how people gona make a statement after they use it. Even if they give a good statement, it doesn't mean anything for me. I prefer using another VPN rather than bundling with AV. I had a bad experience with this with Kaspersky.

2 hours ago, peteyt said:

I personally don't understand the logic. I also think adding an extra higher level could confuse people on what to get.

And it's even more ridiculous is that this applies to the home version.

Personally I have no need of the Ultimate features and those of us who want/need a VPN will already have a solution that we're happy with and know inside out.  I already turn off many features of Premium and wonder whether I should downgrade at the next renewal to Essential.

Having almost lost data following a hardware failure and an inability to access an Encrypted drive (.eed), to which I knew the password, I'll be looking for an alternate to that feature as well.

Screenshot 2023-11-18 193440.png

@itmanhow new product line will affect ESET's existing product line. Will a license of ESET Smart Security Premium be upgraded to ESET Home Premium ? Since features are same in the first 2 tier of new products which are basically the ESET Internet Security and ESSP versions atleast feature wise. Please clarify my concern. I will wait for your answer.

I read all the previous replies seems like a new product line has been introduced by ESET which is almost confusing as ESSP have all the features of Eset Home Premium. So it kind of not makes much sense. Also I have read that new product lines have liveguard which is a plus for those who have Internet Security version. But they must think about product lines they should have introduced 1 and 2. It can't be more confusing from the consumer's point of view. They should learn from Kaspersky of how to introduce new product lines.

47 minutes ago, The_Eagle_007 said:

@itmanhow new product line will affect ESET's existing product line. Will a license of ESET Smart Security Premium be upgraded to ESET Home Premium ? Since features are same in the first 2 tier of new products which are basically the ESET Internet Security and ESSP versions atleast feature wise. Please clarify my concern. I will wait for your answer.

I am not an Eset employee. You need to direct these questions to your authorized Eset distributor in India.

I can't quite get the changes. For a start i need 3 licenses, not 5. I may need a VPN but i don't surely need a password manager and the rest of the features. The prices are completely off. Why can't they just offer standard Internet Security + VPN for the number of licenses we need? I have 2 laptops and 1 mobile device. Why do i have to pay 2 extra licenses?
Who is doing the marketing over there? Mickey Mouse?