Banking Ridirection Not Working

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

On 7/12/2023 at 12:25 PM, Marcos said:

Support for redirection in Firefox v115 will be added later this month. We recommend either using the Secure-all-browsers mode or using the isolated browser accessible via the BPP desktop shortcut.

Hello,

Unfortunately, it still does not work. Is there already something new ?

• 4 weeks later...

@Marcos!

Why is the older versions of ESS work fine even with the new  FF16

Is this going to be fix or not with current version?

Edited by URBAN0

• Administrators
  • Solution
3 hours ago, URBAN0 said:

Why is the older versions of ESS work fine even with the new  FF16

Is this going to be fix or not with current version?

There could be differences between x86 and x64 versions of Firefox. For me it didn't work with Firefox v116 x64 if I remember well. The current version of Firefox is 117 where redirection doesn't work. We have reported a bug to Mozilla which will be addressed in v118 in which redirection should work again with SAB turned off.

14 minutes ago, Marcos said:

There could be differences between x86 and x64 versions of Firefox. For me it didn't work with Firefox v116 x64 if I remember well. The current version of Firefox is 117 where redirection doesn't work. We have reported a bug to Mozilla which will be addressed in v118 in which redirection should work again with SAB turned off.

OK thank you for the reassuring info...that is great.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2023 at 1:38 AM, Marcos said:

There could be differences between x86 and x64 versions of Firefox. For me it didn't work with Firefox v116 x64 if I remember well. The current version of Firefox is 117 where redirection doesn't work.

We have reported a bug to Mozilla which will be addressed in v118 in which redirection should work again with SAB turned off.

Tomorrow is FF 118 day that is ....... supposed to fix the BPP redirect issue.

Anyone who knows how to get it - OR its testing equivalent - early - should do so, test it, and advise the rest. Fingers crossed.

Edited by COStark26

It's working with Firefox 118👍

Is there a way to have this page not appearing while redirection is made or at least being behind the actually redirected page like it was in working in previous releases.

Thanks

Untitled.png

Edited by URBAN0

4 hours ago, URBAN0 said:

Is there a way to have this page not appearing while redirection is made or at least being behind the actually redirected page like it was in working in previous releases.

I notice this also. You have to manually close the B&PP home page to view the URL in B&PP mode you originally entered. In previous versions, the B&PP home page auto closed.

1 hour ago, itman said:

I notice this also. You have to manually close the B&PP home page to view the URL in B&PP mode you originally entered. In previous versions, the B&PP home page auto closed.

Exactly, it was closing automatically. Its not a big deal, but would be nice to have that working the same as previously.

This is a big step backwards and a devaluation of ESET. Just this feature is very important for me.

I do not want to save all browsers and the associated restrictions on normal browsing.

I want this additional security only for certain pages.

There was a time I would not even consider altrnatives, but after 15  years I have switched from avast pro to ESS due to changes they made and the feature that was available sine avast's existence and suddenly to remove.

Thus far, ESET has served me well, but when I first heard that they were looking into removing this feature, I knew that this would trigger me to reconsider my options.

I know I'm not the only one. My nephew who I introduced to ESET when I was making the switch few years ago and whose licences are expiring in 3 months will not be renewing his subscription after seen this thread and upcoming changes.

How wide spread this will affect other users....ESET will only know😉

Edited by URBAN0