Bug with Firewall module when using Interactive Mode (EIS)

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/21/2023 at 7:59 AM, Marcos said:

You can download and install version 16.1.13.0 from https://forum.eset.com/files/category/3-early-access/ which should address the issue. Please let us know about your findings.

@MarcosIs there any ETA for new version being generally available? This issue is extremely frustrating...

Ah, nice! Didn't show up automatically for me, but worked after checking for the updates manually, so fingers crossed now. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing another similar issue with the latest version.  At random when I start my PC, the network connection shows "unauthenticated" for both ethernet and wifi and if I attempt to open any website, I see an error "could not connect to website".  Tried changing firewall from interactive mode to automatic but made no difference.  After a reboot, everything is working again.

Edited by irishj

• Administrators

Does the issue go away if you temporarily disable the firewall in the advanced setup and returns when you re-enable it? Does the issue occur with default settings, ie. with automatic mode and no custom firewall rules?

8 hours ago, Marcos said:

Does the issue go away if you temporarily disable the firewall in the advanced setup and returns when you re-enable it?

Yes, exactly. The issue comes up from time to time when you put your system to sleep and wake it up again - no ESET firewall prompt windows, but disabling the firewall makes everything run fine again. The only solution is to reboot Windows.

Gente, eu tenho pesquisado esse problema, isso só está acontecendo na ESET, descobri que existem dois produtos AV que tiveram um problema após esta última atualização da Microsoft (KB5025305).

No fórum Kaspersky, o Produto começou a dar problemas. e na Trend Micro também aconteceu da mesma forma, isso poderia ter acontecido na ESET? um pouco de dúvida.

Vou colocar o link do problema do que está acontecendo no fórum. para você dar uma olhada e verificar se não é isso que está acontecendo.

https://forum.kaspersky.com/topic/limitations-of-kaspersky-33039/

https://answers.microsoft.com/pt-br/windows/forum/all/kb5025305-sem-suporte-a-virtualização-do/9df55262-9c7a-4e33-88cc-82e43cf718e7

44 minutes ago, New_Style_xd said:

Gente, eu tenho pesquisado esse problema, isso só está acontecendo na ESET, descobri que existem dois produtos AV que tiveram um problema após esta última atualização da Microsoft (KB5025305).

No fórum Kaspersky, o Produto começou a dar problemas. e na Trend Micro também aconteceu da mesma forma, isso poderia ter acontecido na ESET? um pouco de dúvida.

Vou colocar o link do problema do que está acontecendo no fórum. para você dar uma olhada e verificar se não é isso que está acontecendo.

Again! Forum rules state to post in English only!

Folks, I've been researching this issue, this is only happening on ESET, I found that there are two AV products that had an issue after this latest update from Microsoft (KB5025305). On the Kaspersky forum, the Product started having problems. and on Trend Micro it also happened the same way, could this have happened on ESET? a little doubt. I'll put the problem link of what's going on in the forum. for you to take a look and verify that this is not what is happening.

Sorry I use translator, I don't know why it didn't work. I will post again.

Folks, I've been researching this issue, this is only happening on ESET, I found that there are two AV products that had an issue after this latest update from Microsoft (KB5025305).

On the Kaspersky forum, the Product started having problems. and on Trend Micro it also happened the same way, could this have happened on ESET? a little doubt.

I'll put the problem link of what's going on in the forum. for you to take a look and verify that this is not what is happening.

https://forum.kaspersky.com/topic/limitations-of-kaspersky-33039/

https://answers.microsoft.com/pt-br/windows/forum/all/kb5025305-sem-suporte-a-virtualização-do/9df55262-9c7a-4e33-88cc-82e43cf718e7

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Marcos,

just to inform other users that are following this thread: I've created a memory dump and sent a PM to you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can confirm this is still happening as of 16.1.14.0 Sadly I didnt learn about this thread until -after- the reboot, and im not eager to force reboot my system -again- to re-create it. I may attempt a solution to re-created made by VW0000 in the previous thread(re-copies below) to see if that helps. I can also confirm this happens with the webcam protection dialogues as well. That in particular suggests this is connected to basically the entire dialogue box system across the whole software, and that is a critical error that cannot be let go.

This is going to another security provider levels of untenable. I cannot abide by this going alone quietly. Especially since it's been happening for two version now over several months.

Edit: Thank you for New_style for the information from other security options

• Administrators

Please download and install v16.2.10 from https://forum.eset.com/files/category/3-early-access/ and see if it makes a difference. We recommend switching to the pre-release update channel in the advanced update setup to get full support for the new firewall before v16.2 is released for general public.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, ThomasH said:

Will there also be a preview version of EES which addresses this issue?

V16.2.11 is available for those who have the pre-release update channel selected in the advanced update setup. It also available for download here from the forum as early access: https://forum.eset.com/files/category/3-early-access/

8 hours ago, ThomasH said:

Olá Marcos

sim, eu vi os arquivos, mas não consigo encontrar o ESET Endpoint Security lá!?

I believe that for ESET Endpoint Security it will not come out now. it will still take a while or the eset team will not put it up for this release.

I came here to confirm that it still happens in 16.1.14.0. for me it just happened after many weeks. now that 16.2.11 pre-release is out, I'm gonna try it

Verison: 16.1.14.0

Same issue. Windows 11 with two Monitors.

I assume it has something todo with the gui. Maybe it stopps working when the monitors went to energy saving or the pc gets locked. I can only fix it by restarting the computer. It is very annoying.

I can confirm that the problem has returned and is even worse than before: after a reboot the problem is present immediately, so there's no need to wait a while.

Sorry, no time and no desire to be a beta tester, but please fix ASAP and DEFINITELY this problem that's been around for years now (see other threads, it wasn't just this one).

We just want a final product, which is paid for and quite expensive, that works as intended.

Thanks

• Administrators

First of all please make sure that you have the latest version 16.2.11 installed. Should the problem persist, please open a support ticket.