Bug with Firewall module when using Interactive Mode (EIS)

Hello,

So when using Internet Security Firewall in "Interactive Mode" on Win11, if there is a connection request dialog that is pending my interaction and I was playing a game in full screen it will not be visible, and all consequent requests will not be shown eventhough I am out of full screen mode.

This issue is critical, as to fix this interactive dialogs behavior will have to reboot system.

Same happens when using "Webcam access" protection interactive dialog.

Also it doesn't happen only when I am in full screen mode, also happens sometimes that the interactive dialog simply won't be shown on screen, I can hear it coming up, but nothing is shown on screen or anywhere on desktop.

Please fix in later versions, and make sure that interactive dialogs are accessible and don't get stuck in any way as it does now...

• Administrators

With Gamer mode active no interactive dialogs will pop up and the network communication will be blocked. Switch to learning mode to create rules automatically or use automatic mode. Alteratively you can disable this setting:

image.png

On 12/22/2022 at 6:33 PM, Safi123 said:

Hello,

So when using Internet Security Firewall in "Interactive Mode" on Win11, if there is a connection request dialog that is pending my interaction and I was playing a game in full screen it will not be visible, and all consequent requests will not be shown eventhough I am out of full screen mode.

This issue is critical, as to fix this interactive dialogs behavior will have to reboot system.

Same happens when using "Webcam access" protection interactive dialog.

Also it doesn't happen only when I am in full screen mode, also happens sometimes that the interactive dialog simply won't be shown on screen, I can hear it coming up, but nothing is shown on screen or anywhere on desktop.

Please fix in later versions, and make sure that interactive dialogs are accessible and don't get stuck in any way as it does now...

See this:

I've been using eset internet security for years but only recently after I upgraded to 16.0.24.0 I'm experiencing this exact problem: hearing popup sound but no appearance - random occurance every now and then - so far my only choice was to restart the windows

today I came here to see if anyone has such a problem and to be honest I'm dead shocked to see report of such problem that exists for years!. how can't you pinpoint a problem that users are reporting it from 2014?!!

through all these years many changes happened. even ESS changed to EIS. but this problem exists as well!.

hopefully I could use this generous guy's recommendation and it worked:

Trust me, this negligence to solve a problem will cost you the trust of your users. like what happened to lastpass

• Administrators

I can only repeat - we need you to generate a dump of eguiproxy.exe when the issue occurs and provide it for perusal. Until then we have no way to analyze what is going on your machine.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
3 hours ago, Kegelcizer said:

Got one, here it is. Now it's time to reboot again

Please generate one more dump but this time generate also a dump of egui.exe.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, tomba4 said:

@MarcosI haven't tried that. I only know that pausing the firewall and enabling it back doesn't fix it.

Please try since the developers anticipate an answer.

10 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Please try since the developers anticipate an answer.

I rebooted my system yesterday, so I cannot test it now, unfortunately...

On 2/6/2023 at 10:07 AM, Marcos said:

@tomba4 does the issue go away and the communication is allowed if you switch from interactive to automatic firewall mode?

Yes, it goes away but returns when I switch back to interactive mode

• Administrators

Please let me know if you would like to test a new version with a fix. However, this version has not undergone internal pre-release tests since it's not the final one that would be released later. We would recommend to uninstall the current version (you may want to export the config) and install the new one for a week or so to confirm that the fix works for you.

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, pukko said:

same problem here. the new connections are blocked until restart, no pop up window
i can't believe they don't fix it

If you read above, there is a version to test that may fix the bug but as it hasn't been tested fully it's not out. You can request this version to test if you want

On 2/6/2023 at 7:37 AM, Marcos said:

@tomba4 does the issue go away and the communication is allowed if you switch from interactive to automatic firewall mode?

@MarcosSwitching to automatic allows the traffic, but switching back to interactive doesn't fix the problem: traffic is blocked and the interactive pop-up doesn't show up.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have the same issue also.

Browser works fine for hours sometimes, then any open tab will not refresh and new tabs will not load content.

An error is shown as follows..

This site can’t be reached "forum.eset.com" is currently unreachable.
Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
ERR_CONNECTION_FAILED

If I restart the computer, everything works again.

Did a refresh install of Windows 11 with the latest version if Eset Internet Security and received the same error within an hour, super annoying.

I'd also like to try the test version as this is driving me nuts.

On 2/15/2023 at 6:15 AM, Marcos said:

Please let me know if you would like to test a new version with a fix. However, this version has not undergone internal pre-release tests since it's not the final one that would be released later. We would recommend to uninstall the current version (you may want to export the config) and install the new one for a week or so to confirm that the fix works for you.

okay i'm in

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. For a few days now, Eset is blocking processes from accessing the internet - I hear the sound of the window popping up, but don't see it. Also here only a reboot helps.

Is there a plan for when the fix will be officially released?

• 2 weeks later...