And btw add to disable permenetly that anoying green stuff in settings I dont want to click 2 times when I open browser one for browser and one to close that anoying stuff. For now I disabled banking and payment protection

• Administrators

You can disable it here:

image.png

After that, the green frame will fade out after a while after launching a browser. It's displayed for a while as an indicator that the secure browser works and you can safely log in to bank websites.

• Most Valued Members
12 hours ago, H4Z0R said:

Good update nice joob 👍

Screenshot 2022-10-25 210346.png

Screenshot 2022-10-25 210400.png

Screenshot 2022-10-25 210415.png

If ESET GUI is empty, I bet a fully un-installation of the product and re-installing will fix this gui problem

• Marcos changed the title to Good Update
  • ESET Moderators

Hello @H4Z0R,

can you please provide us with dumps, taken when the issue manifests to check?

If you spot the issue again please

1. Take ekrn dump (ESET GUI -> Advanced setup -> Tools -> Diagnostics -> Create memory dump -> Create  )
  2. Take ESET main GUI dump via the Task manager
  3. Pack them to an archive
  4. Upload the archive to a safe location
  5. Send me a private message with the download details

Thank you, Peter

I've had that on mine  as well where GUI e.g. "Setup" and "Update" was empty, I think after reboot it went away.

Although, on occasions and  randomly when I click on tray icon for the main GUI to come up, it comes up with little things like " License expired" in red at the bottom or other small things, they come and disappear quick, but it feels like there are  small weirdness in delay of GUI.

• ESET Moderators
17 hours ago, URBAN0 said:

I've had that on mine  as well where GUI e.g. "Setup" and "Update" was empty, I think after reboot it went away.

Although, on occasions and  randomly when I click on tray icon for the main GUI to come up, it comes up with little things like " License expired" in red at the bottom or other small things, they come and disappear quick, but it feels like there are  small weirdness in delay of GUI.

As of now we do not know yet if the issue is caused by the GUI itself or the Updater so we need to investigate it properly and fix...

hmmm, I haven't seen such reports so far 😞 

• ESET Moderators

I checked it internally with the technology teams, they encountered the issue before, fix is already prepared to should be available in the next released version.

Thank you for reporting it.

Peter

8 hours ago, Peter Randziak said:

I checked it internally with the technology teams, they encountered the issue before, fix is already prepared to should be available in the next released version.

Peter

Thank you👍

22 hours ago, Peter Randziak said:

Peter

Hello, I must say that I had also noticed this problem immediately after upgrading to version 16 of ESS, but after a clean reinstall the problem disappeared.

Regards

I also saw it on a month-old clean Windows 11 install, two reboots fixed mine. But every time I started the PC, I got a red X and game input host has stopped working, Still the old WMI provider time outs, in short it turned my pristine performance logs into a mess.

As it's a new PC, I removed and did another clean install as I only used Eset for a performance gain and don't really need to now as I built a new machine.

Dare say, I'll try the next build.

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

Most likely next week there will be a new hotfix of v16.0 which will also address this issue.

We have made it available as early access for our forum users here: https://forum.eset.com/files/category/3-early-access/

My Setup page had data but the early access Link was quick and painless ... now 16.0.24.....

• 2 weeks later...

Although, occasional blank setup page is fixed with 0.24, I still get random small glitches  with some quick blue flickering coming and quickly disappearing while bringing main GUI from tray do desktop, nothing intrusive, but might be worth mentioning😉

Edited by URBAN0