Can't update the product

Hi there!

As I wanted to try ESET LiveGuard and couldn't upgrade my license I bought a new one. However, after installing I can't update the modules.

I already tryed every suggestion on ESET's site. I removed and reinstalled. I cleaned te update cache. I checked the not use proxy. I reinstalled again and I still can't update. Also, I don't have any other AV installed.

At first it just said it couldn't update the modules. Now it sais I don't have a valid license. However, it sais I don't have a valid license only when I try to update the modules. As you can see in attached screenshots the license is recongnised by the AV and the produc is activated, but the update does not recognise the license. 

How can I fix this?

invalidlicense.jpg

validlicense.jpg

• Most Valued Members
29 minutes ago, DMBittar said:

No, it doesn't. I already tried this.

Could be because it's new but I'd expect it to work straight away.

Where did you purchase from? If it's the official Eset site it should be fine but if its from somewhere like Amazon it could be a scam i.e a license that's been bought for 1 device but sold on illegally to multiple users.

4 minutes ago, peteyt said:

Could be because it's new but I'd expect it to work straight away.

Where did you purchase from? If it's the official Eset site it should be fine but if its from somewhere like Amazon it could be a scam i.e a license that's been bought for 1 device but sold on illegally to multiple users.

I bought from the oficial ESET reseller here. The license was sent straight to ESET Home. And as you can see by the screenshots the AV recognised the license and instaled it. It just errors when updating.

• Most Valued Members
2 minutes ago, DMBittar said:

I bought from the oficial ESET reseller here. The license was sent straight to ESET Home. And as you can see by the screenshots the AV recognised the license and instaled it. It just errors when updating.

Have you tried using the Eset uninstaller tool in safe mode then reinstalling. This makes sure all eset files get removed

https://support.eset.com/en/kb2289-uninstall-eset-manually-using-the-eset-uninstaller-tool

If this is the computer that the lower tier product was on just wondering if something has been left behind. The uninstall tool may fix that if it's the case 

Edited by peteyt

25 minutes ago, peteyt said:

Have you tried using the Eset uninstaller tool in safe mode then reinstalling. This makes sure all eset files get removed

https://support.eset.com/en/kb2289-uninstall-eset-manually-using-the-eset-uninstaller-tool

If this is the computer that the lower tier product was on just wondering if something has been left behind. The uninstall tool may fix that if it's the case 

I just tryed it upon your suggestion but it didn't work. No updates after reinstalation.

I would open a support request with the Eset Brazilian partner you purchased the license from since the update problem is stating there is an issue with your license.

33 minutes ago, itman said:

I would open a support request with the Eset Brazilian partner you purchased the license from since the update problem is stating there is an issue with your license.

I did, but support requests from my local reseller usually takes some days to be answered when it is answered, a time I shouldn't have to wait.

Besides, I can't understand why the AV itself says the license is valid, ESET Home says the license is valid, but the updater says otherwise in contrast to the other products.

My product has been updated to 15.0.23.0
After I restarted the computer, this message kept showing up and it doesn't come out.

image.png.be612d1469cb164554c78fa32cd57a76.png

I check the progress. clicking on the blue link, when I see everything is normal. this message was supposed to be gone.

image.png.947ffa6bb4f186ed02fb529850b0e131.png

• Administrators

It seems there was an issue during the night, causing a delay of a couple of minutes before new licenses started to work. It's being investigated. We apologize for the inconvenience.

9 hours ago, DMBittar said:

Besides, I can't understand why the AV itself says the license is valid, ESET Home says the license is valid, but the updater says otherwise in contrast to the other products.

Did you receive an email to validate your license, after purchase?  Had the same situation, license valid but I never received the email to validate the license and I got the same message.

• Administrators

The authorization error occurred due to delays in data replication that have occurred recently. We are working hard on implementing improvements to prevent it in the future. We apologize for the inconvenience.