ESET Endpoint 8.1 will not Activate in isolate Network

Hi Dears ESET Admins.

We find a problem in ESET Endpoint Security 8.1.2031.0 - 64Bit

The Security Product in a isolate network without internet will not Activate via ESET Protect Console with Offline License !

Locally Activation with offline license file will work but Activation task with Offline License file will failed with error " Task failed in the security product"

Downgrading to EES 8.0 will resolve the issue.

It seems that EES 8.1.2031.0 can not activate with offline activation task.

We test it in over 3 network and over 3 different console but problem is same !

8.1.jpg

Hello.

I acknowledge the problem.

Used software versions:

ESET PROTECT 8.1.13.0
ESET Management Agent 8.1.1223.0
ESET Endpoint Security 8.1.2031.0

11 minutes ago, labynko said:

Hello.

I acknowledge the problem.

Used software versions:

ESET PROTECT 8.1.13.0
ESET Management Agent 8.1.1223.0
ESET Endpoint Security 8.1.2031.0

Exactly . But the problem is at ESET Endpoint Security 8.1.2031.0 , Because when we downgrade to 8.0 the problem solved !

@Marcos  We will reproduce the problem and send ESET Log Collector.

• Administrators

Please provide also the offline license file. When creating the offline license file, did you enable management by ESET PROTECT? Did you activate Endpoint from ESET PROTECT or locally? I've tested local activation and it worked. Could you test local activation as well?

image.png

4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

When creating the offline license file, did you enable management by ESET PROTECT?

Of course, without this option, importing the license file is not possible.

6 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Did you activate Endpoint from ESET PROTECT or locally?

From ESET PROTECT.

7 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I've tested local activation and it worked. Could you test local activation as well?

Local activation works correctly.

44 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Please provide also the offline license file. When creating the offline license file, did you enable management by ESET PROTECT? Did you activate Endpoint from ESET PROTECT or locally? I've tested local activation and it worked. Could you test local activation as well?

image.png

I think you test it locally but the problem is just activation task from ESET Protect console.

Even All-in-one-Installer will work .

Local Activation will work.

Dear @Marcos ,

We regenerate the error in our test environment and this is the ESET Log Collector.

We install ESET Protect and EES in windows 10 system for TEST.

Also used offline file in this test is attached.

ESET Log Collector log : https://we.tl/t-k34sC0doYI

Activation Error.jpg

5-esetendpointsecurityforwindows-0.zip

+1 same isssue. Cannot activate 8.1 with ESET Protect task but endpoint activated locally with offline license. if you need remote connection to inspect problem. please pm me.

this topic is posted in 4 july, today is 13 july. still no any official response. i am in amazement :(

Edited by mathisbilgi

While the developers are working on fixing the problem, you can activate the program using the ESET RMM mechanism.

1. You must enable ESET RMM using policies and add the command line application (c:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe) as a permitted program.

RMM1.png.8d9607c5b80ea84fc315134c78b9ef53.png

RMM2.png.d2fbb0796879c0b29095384b72d0f62e.png

2. Then you need to place the license file on a web server (a proxy server installed with ESET PROTECT is a good fit for this) and create a task to run a command, the contents of which should be something like the following:

C:\Windows\System32\bitsadmin.exe /transfer "EES license" hxxp://192.168.0.1:3128/lic/license.lf "C:\Windows\Temp\license.lf"
"C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Security\ermm.exe" start activation --offline "C:\Windows\Temp\license.lf"
del "C:\Windows\Temp\license.lf"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
9 minutes ago, mathisbilgi said:

Thank for your reply @labynko. I have activated as you described. Any official fix yet ?

It's tracked as a bug. Most likely it will be fixed in the next version of Endpoint v8.1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

We are finishing uPCU to the latest v8.0 which should be available soon. V8.1 will require fixing of certain bugs before it becomes available as uPCU.

If you want clients to update automatically, make sure you have this update setting set via a policy:

image.png