Is there a screenshot of ESET Endpoint Antivirus 8 GUI for Linux 8.0.3.0?

Serial.com

Hello Eset Team

Is there a screenshot of ESET Endpoint Antivirus 8 GUI for Linux 8.0.3.0?

I have searched the stores and official sites, documentation and found nothing. Can you help me with this question? 

https://help.eset.com/eeau/8/en-US/app-notifications.html?gui.html

Thanks

• ESET Staff

Hello, for what purpose you would need that? 

I was checking the official documentation, and it does not include screenshots. We might ask our QA / PM to get some, but I am interested in understanding the purpose. 

But as a sneak peek: 

Thanks.

linux endpoint UI.png

Edited by MichalJ

Are you always so suspicious or do you really believe that everything has a second intention behind it?

Impressive! huh?

Look! The official page Eset has launched a new version for Linux being: (ESET Endpoint Antivirus 8 GUI for Linux 8.0.3.0), saying that there is "Graphical interface" when in fact the image does not exist, as can be seen in the link (https: / /help.eset.com/eeau/8/en-US/gui.html). That, in itself, is enough to make a correction of the page without questioning anything.

The real intention is to discover the truth, that is, separating the chaff from the wheat. If there is a graphical interface why not show it on the site without the need for the common or more technical user to download the product to confirm whether or not there is a graphical interface, as the image of the new version should already be on the site, since the version previous (7) has no graphic interface image. Can you understand?

People are curious to know what they are buying without having to download or install any product first.

I wish ESET a lot of success and hope that soon they will also make available a NEW version for linux desktop with the same quality that they offer for corporate devices.

Thank you for the image you provided

• Most Valued Members

i don't think MichalJ was being suspicious, maybe curious as to why need a picture when you could have installed the program. as for the images in the help pages, even most of the pages for EIS don't have images. i suppose it all comes down to if there is a real need for images on all pages.

21 minutes ago, Serial.com said:

People are curious to know what they are buying without having to download or install any product first.

as for this statement, people buy a product for the level of protection it offers, not if it looks pretty or not. personally i liked the UI of v8 and older but i don't mind the new makeover. i bought it for it's protection.

4 minutes ago, shocked said:

as for this statement, people buy a product for the level of protection it offers, not if it looks pretty or not. personally i liked the UI of v8 and older but i don't mind the new makeover. i bought it for it's protection.

Who says? A proactive screen helps anyone a lot, including most newbies.

• ESET Staff

Hello,

@Serial.com

As pointed out above, I just wanted to understand what are your intentions. There is no secret, but for example I can now ask my colleagues from documentation team, to include the GUI screenshot into the documentation. 

Internally there is a document called "what´s new" that is always shared with our distribution network for their usage, so they can use that for creation of webinars / marketing materials. This has more screenshots for this particular product (although the user interface is limited, as the new Linux product was designed in a way that it is intended for managed environments, so the level of control from the GUI is small). 

I will ask the documentation team to expand the GUI section a bit, and include a screenshot. 

Regards,

Michal 

• ESET Moderators
13 hours ago, Serial.com said:

Are you always so suspicious or do you really believe that everything has a second intention behind it?

Hello @Serial.com, no need to get overly defensive here.

@MichalJ is one of our top people and when he asks for the purpose of one's question, it is always to better understand what problem the customer wants to solve, so that his answer can be as tailored to one's specific needs as possible.

• ESET Moderators

We also have the Knowledgebase article "What's new in ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Linux (8.x)", and under the Release Notes section we have the new feature changelog items listed, and there's a screenshot of the new GUI:

https://support.eset.com/en/kb7874 

Other GUI images (we only included the one) are attached also. 

Furthermore, if you see a KB or Online Help article that is missing information, media, etc. or you something wrong or something you would like to see expanded or clarified, you can request it by clicking the "Was this information helpful" link and submitting feedback -- believe it or not, we (I) read those user comments and make content updates from them. 

https://support.eset.com/en/kb7874-what-s-new-in-eset-endpoint-antivirus-for-linux#article-feedback-trigger

GUI Agent Sync.PNG

GUI About.PNG