Return to 12.2.23

I want to go back to version 12.2.23, but when downloading the program from the eset page the name of the file is this:

legacy_eis_nt64.exe

I don't remember that name was that the first time I downloaded it.

34 minutes ago, Hijin25 said:

legacy_eis_nt64.exe

I don't remember that name was that the first time I downloaded it.

Appears Eset prefixed the installer with "legacy" so folk won't confuse it with the existing current version installer. Also check the downloaded file Properties and ensure it states 12.2.23 prior to running it.

• ESET Moderators

The "legacy" file on the download page currently installs the 12.2.23 version -- however, it is also important for us to know why some users prefer or need a previous version, so we can account for those scenarios in our technical support and help documentation. Can you @Hijin25 let us know why you want to use 12.2.23?

"

• Kudos: 331
  •  

The "legacy" file on the download page currently installs the 12.2.23 version "......can you, please, give me a download-link of this version , or tell me how to get this version installed , WITHOUT updating to 12.2.29 ?

When installing 12.2.23 , Im almost immediately updated to 12.2.29 , after reboot , while I want to keep 12.2.23 , its working very well on my Win10.

I want this version back installed , untill a working solution for 12.2.29 appears..........!

Edited by Pete12

2 hours ago, foneil said:

The "legacy" file on the download page currently installs the 12.2.23 version -- however, it is also important for us to know why some users prefer or need a previous version, so we can account for those scenarios in our technical support and help documentation. Can you @Hijin25 let us know why you want to use 12.2.23?

I want to rule out the possibility that version 12.2.29 is the cause of the problems that were presented to me in some programs to connect to the internet. I was using version 12.2.23 until Tuesday that the windows update was not successful. Then reinstall windows 7 and all windows updates were smooth, but the above problem arose about the inability to connect to the internet in programs such as autocad, arcgis and steam. Right now I am formatting the PC again, since I uninstalled Eset to try the mentioned version, but something went wrong that the computer took a long time to turn on.

So I want to do tests if it is a problem of the latest windows updates or the latest version of ESET, so I will do tests with version 12.2.23, fortunately I have the executables of version 11 and I will also try them.

Edited by Hijin25

Well, I just wanted to say that the problems that were presented to me by connectivity are caused by the latest updates of windows 7, version 12.2.29 of ESET and other programs work without problems with the windows updates published until August.

The "legacy" file on the download page currently installs the 12.2.23 version "......can you, please, give me a download-link of this version , or tell me how to get this version installed , WITHOUT updating to 12.2.29 ?