ESET I.S. alongside anti-ransomware programs

Hi...

I'm interested in purchasing an ESET Internet Security license for home use, and I would like to know if it can be used alongside anti-ransomware programs, such as ZoneAlarm Anti-Ransomware or CyberSight RansomStopper.

Is ESET I.E. compatible with most stand-alone anti-ransomware programs?

Thank you.

• Administrators

Hard to say. If the other software uses drivers, it's possible the software might clash with ESET.

Both ZoneAlarm and CyberSight state that their compatible with all AV solutions.

Since ZoneAlarm offers a 30 day free trial and CyberSight is freeware, best approach is to run Eset IS with either one during the 30 day period and monitor for any conflicts. If conflicts arise, most can probably be resolved by adding either product's main executable as an exception in Eset's Realtime and possibly the new Deep Behavior Inspection protection.

Note that the most important point in evaluating any security software is how effective is its self-protection mechanism. If ransomware can disable ZoneAlarm or CyberSight, they are worthless for all practical purposes. Worse is if malware can inject code into same. Since you may have created an exception in Eset for the product, malware running from same can run unabated. 

51 minutes ago, zamar27 said:

Eset also claims to protect against Ransomware

Claiming and protecting are two different things. Browse the forum to see how many times ESET failed to protect against ransomwares despite having a dedicated antiransomware shield /module.