Eset internet security 2019 released ?

USA, https://www.eset.com/us/home/smart-security-premium/

'EDITION 2019' I did not see it on this forum. I'm not in teh USA either, although I use an English language version.

Normally I'd be more patient but since it's on the website: released in USA (assuming 2019 means version 12) ? When will other countries follow ?

Internet Security Version 12.0.27.0 is offered as Online-Update since October 16th (German Version and Pre-Release updates).

Edited by User

If/when v12 (or v11 whatever) is released, it would be posted here on the Forum. The timing is ESET's decision.

I guess you "could" enable pre-releases should you wish to go down that route.

Regards,

Tom

See Marcos's post in https://forum.eset.com/topic/17251-i-just-installed-version-12-on-three-computers/?tab=comments#comment-85298

Edited by TomFace
added Marcos link

@TomFace,

Thanks.

I dug a bit through the menu, enabled pre-releases to see if that would do something and yes ... But I´d rather wait for the final product to be sure.

• Most Valued Members
28 minutes ago, TomFace said:

Every new releases like Christmas Eve for some folks:lol:.

I too can wait till the official release;).

Hahaha yea indeed a new release is exciting for sure , I just miss the old taskbar icon , the eye that used to be instead of the 'e' :lol:

• Most Valued Members
4 hours ago, DataC said:

it would be good to change it a bit and its appearance, so years we were bored!

How much time do you spend looking at Eset after you set it up? For me I see it occasionally but not that often to get bored. Actually just the opposite. I know the interface and new colors would just make doing what I need to do take longer until I adjust to it. Which means a longer time before I can get back to using my computer.  Besides I would much rather have Eset spend it's time and effort under the hood then on a new paint job.

But that's just me.

Edited by SCR
Correction

• Most Valued Members
7 hours ago, SCR said:

How much time do you spend looking at Eset after you set it up? For me I see it occasionally but not that often to get bored. Actually just the opposite. I know the interface and new colors would just make doing what I need to do take longer until I adjust to it. Which means a longer time before I can get back to using my computer.  Besides I would much rather have Eset spend it's time and effort under the hood then on a new paint job.

But that's just me.

People love to see a change especially looks change , and they do hate it in the same time. , but it's a refresh for some people , for me it doesn't bother me, I still like the older interfaces of ESET where it looked more old and less graphical , but that is me also, but I do like v11/12 interface.

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:16 PM, DataC said:

it would be good to change it a bit and its appearance, so years we were bored!

Change for the sake of a visual change is to be very cautions of. That would be totally a waste of time for all. Fortunately, the majority of folks in the know understand the difference between glitz and substance.

Regards,

Tom

• Most Valued Members
9 hours ago, TomFace said:

Change for the sake of a visual change is to be very cautions of. That would be totally a waste of time for all. Fortunately, the majority of folks in the know understand the difference between glitz and substance.

Regards,

Tom

Yeah especially when there are features that have been requested for years. I see a lot of new versions of software where they basically redesign it to make it look like they have done/added a lot of new stuff but the reality is often the new design is hiding the fact that there's nothing or not much changed. These are generally done by the type of companies who charge for upgrades.  I do love the fact that as long as you have an eset license it will work on any future versions for that specific product

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/10/2018 at 09:50, Rami said:

Hahaha sim, de fato, um novo lançamento é emocionante, com certeza, eu só sinto falta do antigo ícone da barra de tarefas, o olho que costumava ser em vez do 'e' :ri muito:

Actually the Eye in effect in the icon was better but very beautiful, also I miss the old icon.

On 20/10/2018 at 16:16, DataC said:

seria bom mudar um pouco e sua aparência, então anos nós estávamos entediados!

It really has to be changed, like the AVAST antivirus that undergoes several modifications in the appearance of its products with this giving better experience and the end user does not look the same, because it has moments that tires.

• Most Valued Members
22 hours ago, New_Style_xd said:

It really has to be changed, like the AVAST antivirus that undergoes several modifications in the appearance of its products with this giving better experience and the end user does not look the same, because it has moments that tires.

There's an old saying if it ain't broken don't fix it. 

I'm not saying if the design can be made better it shouldn't be changed but it seems like people expect a new look every year which is pointless and eset is better suited improving its protection