ESMC all in one installers and Agent

Ritesh Sharma

We currently have Eset version 5 ERA (5.3.39.0). I was told to install esmc and install agents and then install client software. I was also told that upgrading of eset 5 is not possible.

I have installed my esmc successfully. According to  documentation it states to create an all in one installer and deploy that in clients

Problem: unable to create all in one installer. I get internal server error. How can I solve this?

I was able to get agent and installer by downloading it from eset website. When I installed using this the agent and installer package I got from internet it had asked for activation so I entered my key. This works but I want all the clients to be updated via my server (esmc). How can I accomplish this?

Can eset client by activated by ESMC? If so how?

We already have eset clients with eset 4,5,6 on the network. Do I need to uninstall these as clients do show up but it doesn’t show that eset is installed when looking from ESMC

We also have servers 2003,2008,2012 on our network. Is there any difference to client deployment to a normal client e.g. windows 10 client as to a server 2012,2003 client. Or is it the same

Is there any possibility of upgrading my current era server to most recent?

If I use Migration  Assistant then what happens to the era console. Does it still work. Do I need to back up? If so  what do I need to backup

Requesting if appropriate links can be given to solve the issues at hand

• Administrators

If you want to migrate to ESMC from ERAv5, use  the Migration assistant downloadable from https://www.eset.com/int/business/security-management-center/download/#standalone

For help with migration from ERAv5, please read https://help.eset.com/esmc_install/70/en-US/migration_assistant.html?migration_from_era5.html.

If you would like to start from scratch:
1, Install ESMC (ideally using the All-in-one installer or importing a virtual appliance into a hypervisor).
2, Add an EBA account in the ESMC License manager to manage your licenses.
3, Deploy agent on clients. The clients will become manageable by ESMC afterwards.
4, Send a software install task with the appropriate security product and license selected.

Should you need further help, feel free to ask.

2 hours ago, Ritesh Sharma said:

We currently have Eset version 5 ERA (5.3.39.0). I was told to install esmc and install agents and then install client software. I was also told that upgrading of eset 5 is not possible.

I have installed my esmc successfully. According to  documentation it states to create an all in one installer and deploy that in clients

Problem: unable to create all in one installer. I get internal server error. How can I solve this?

I was able to get agent and installer by downloading it from eset website. When I installed using this the agent and installer package I got from internet it had asked for activation so I entered my key. This works but I want all the clients to be updated via my server (esmc). How can I accomplish this?

Can eset client by activated by ESMC? If so how?

We already have eset clients with eset 4,5,6 on the network. Do I need to uninstall these as clients do show up but it doesn’t show that eset is installed when looking from ESMC

We also have servers 2003,2008,2012 on our network. Is there any difference to client deployment to a normal client e.g. windows 10 client as to a server 2012,2003 client. Or is it the same

Is there any possibility of upgrading my current era server to most recent?

If I use Migration  Assistant then what happens to the era console. Does it still work. Do I need to back up? If so  what do I need to backup

Requesting if appropriate links can be given to solve the issues at hand

In my organization we also use v5 and plan to move to v7. Reading forum and documentation (Migration assistant vs Migration Tool) we plan have virtual appliance of ESMC and move manually one client at the time.

Basically you have 3 options:

1. Migration scenario 1 - Migration to ESMC 7.x running on a different computer than ERA 5.x.
2. Migration scenario 2 - Migration to ESMC 7.x running on the same computer as ERA 5.x.
3. Migration scenario 3 - Migration to ESMC 7.x where endpoints connect to old ERA 5.x until the ESET Management Agent is deployed by ESMC 7.x.

https://help.eset.com/esmc_install/70/en-US/migration_from_era5.html?migration_tool.html

Regarding your problem with internal server error, did you use virtual appliance for ESMC deployment or did you use Windows Server?

As for upgrading your current era server, unfortunately this may be possible for short time. Since the plan is to have it EOL by december this year https://support.eset.com/kb3592/#era

4 hours ago, Ritesh Sharma said:

I was testing new virtual appliance instance today and I got the same error. However I was able to resume after I clicked link again "Download 64 bit version".

After that I got message from Windows Defender that it detected virus:

@MartinK @Marcos

image.png.d5f189754b66c3fe53cada91ac43af2a.png

• ESET Staff
38 minutes ago, bbahes said:

UPDATE: After deleting and recreating installer in Installers I was able to download normally installer without virus warning.

Any chance you still have that "malicious" file available? It is definitely suspicious ...

1 minute ago, MartinK said:

Any chance you still have that "malicious" file available? It is definitely suspicious ...

No. Unfortunately Windows Defender deleted it completely.

bbahes

I used windows server 2012 r2

I want to go with 3. Migration scenario 3 - Migration to ESMC 7.x where endpoints connect to old ERA 5.x until the ESET Management Agent is deployed by ESMC 7.x.

I will check if windows defender is blocking it and get back

trace.log

status.pdf

Edited by Ritesh Sharma
for got to add comment

• ESET Staff

Can you please post us the public IP address of your ESMC server? We will check our repository logs for failed download attempts.  You can send it via a private message. 

Edited by MichalJ