E-Mail after signature update

Hello,

Since the update to version 11.2.46.0 I receive e-mails as soon as the signature database has been updated.

In the e-mail settings the level is set to "Warnings" and no mails have been sent until now, only since the update to 11.2.46.0

Greetings

Christian

Hello,

I have now set the warning level to "Error", but the email is still being sent.
How do I get the dispatch switched off without deactivating it completely?

Greetings

Christian

• Administrators

Please contact your local customer care so that a regular support ticket is created and that it can be tracked properly.

Hi Marcos,

Since the error has only occurred since version 11.2.46.0 , which is apparently still unofficial, I thought the forum was the right place.

Greetings

Christian

• ESET Moderators

Hello Christian,

can you please check the version of Configuration module (33)?

Open the main GUI -> Help and support -> Installed components.

Recently we released version 1685.8, which should resolve the issue, you describe, can you please confirm?

Regards, P.R.

Hello Peter,

the version is 1685.8 from 21.06.2018, but the error persists.

Here is the current mail I got: 

16.07.2018 14:31:23 - Beim Ausführen von Kernel auf dem Computer COREI5-4670K wurde folgende Meldung erzeugt: Die Erkennungsroutine wurde erfolgreich auf Version 17723P (20180716) aktualisiert.

__________ Hinweis von ESET Internet Security, Version der Erkennungsroutine 17723P (20180716) __________

Greetings

Christian

I have the same issue.  Please fix this ASAP.  I am getting warning emails from all my computers and it's annoying!  Not happy.

I have it set to email notifications of warnings - nothing was changed before the update.  The bug is that definition update notifications are emailed even when it's set to email notifications for Warnings Only or even Errors Only for that matter!

XXX 7/22/2018 10:52:40 AM - During execution of Kernel on the computer XXXX, the following event occurred: Detection Engine was successfully updated to version 17758 (20180722).

Edited by MarcFL

Update:  They are aware of the bug and a pre-release fix is available.  You can wait for this fix to automatically update when it is released or you can obtain a pre-release version if you wish.

A newer module is available - Configuration module (33): 1685.11
To view the currently installed version of this module, click on Help & Support, About Eset, Installed Components...
To obtain this update, please enable pre-release updates.To enable pre-release updates in your ESET Windows home product, visit: hxxp://support.eset.com/zap/kb3415/ 

Edited by MarcFL

Summary of Bug:   In Eset NOD32 v11.2.49.0 , when “Send Event Notifications by Email” is ON and “Minimum Verbosity for Notifications” is set to Warning or Errors, an email is STILL generated every time a successful definition update is completed.

Example Email:  8/1/2018 20:17:36 PM - During execution of Kernel on the computer XXXX, the following event occurred: Detection Engine was successfully updated to version 17813 (20180801).

This is a verified bug in Eset as discussed previously.  I manage over 20 home/small business computers with Eset NOD32 11.2.49.  ALL have the same issue.

Edited by MarcFL

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

We have identified the cause of this issue and are working on a fix.

Thank you for your patience.

I just received this email Nonsense from Eset Support.  This bug effects ALL users that have email notifications on and is easily reproducible by Eset.
As I previously stated, I manage over 20 home/small business computers with Eset NOD32 11.2.49.  ALL have the same issue.   In addition, many other customers have complained about the same bug.

An ESET Technical Support Representative has updated this case with the following information:
Greetings Marc,

We apologize for the delay in response. Our developers have informed us that we will require logs from the computers being affected by this issues. Additionally, they requested to reconfigure the settings within the email notifications to ensure all have been set properly.
To identify your issue and help you resolve it, we need to collect additional information about your system configuration and any installed ESET antivirus product.
For illustrated instructions to use the ESET Log Collector visit:

hxxp://support.eset.com/zap/KB3466/

We will examine the logs and respond as soon as possible with the recommended action based on our findings.

Thank you for using ESET security products,
ESET Technical Support
North America

My Reply:

Nonsense.  This bug effects all users that have email notifications on and is easily reproducible by Eset.  Please check with your managers and read this so you can be brought up to date on the status of this bug and the fix.  “It was already confirmed as a bug and fixed. The fix will be included in the next hotfix.”   See:  https://forum.eset.com/topic/16105-112490-email-notification-works-not-as-expected/

8-17-18

An ESET Technical Support Representative has updated this case with the following information:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting ESET North America Technical Support.

Our developers are currently working towards a solution to the issues you are experiencing. They've mentioned that as soon as a solution is available it will be distributed via the ESET console through an update.

We appreciate your time and patience and will be sending an update shortly. Our sincerest apologies for the delays and issues this may have caused you. 

Thank you for using ESET security products,
ESET Technical Support
North America

Edited by MarcFL

I am having the identical problem.

I opened a support ticket with my "local customer care" on August 13.  They keep sending me cookie-cutter instructions like 'reset this' and 'reinstall that'.  None of them do any good, of course, and the problem persists.

Thanks.

D.

Edited by DriedFish
typo

Marcos, I just saw that you wrote that on the NOD32 thread on August 4.  I have updated at least twice since then, and the problem persists.

Maybe I just don't understand what a "hotfix" is.  Aren't the updates which require a restart "hotfixes"?  If not, how will we know of their existence and how will we get hold of them to install?

Thanks again.

D.

• 2 weeks later...

Marcos (or anyone else who knows),

Is it still estimated that the hotfix for this problem will by available by Sept. 3 (2 weeks from Aug. 20)?

Thanks.

D.

• Administrators

The hotfix version 11.2 I mentioned earlier has not been released yet. About a week ago I wrote that it was pending for WHQL certification and afterwards it would undergo QA tests before it's released. There should be more information about the release next week since it's weekend now.