11.2.49.0: Email Notification works not as expected

Hi,

i have email-notifications enabled with "warning" setting. Unless this setting i get always emails with updated detection routines, which not not be.

This bevaviour i see on all my computers.

Email content: 18.07.2018 14:19:29 - Beim Ausführen von Kernel auf dem Computer SERVER ist folgendes Ereignis aufgetreten: Die Erkennungsroutine wurde erfolgreich auf Version 17735 (20180718) aktualisiert.

See screenshot with the settings.

Thanks

kind regards

querfeldein

EsetAV11-2-49-0_mail-notification.png

I have the same issue.  Please fix this ASAP.  I am getting warning emails from all my computers and it's annoying!  Not happy.

I have it set to email notifications of warnings - nothing was changed before the update.  The bug is that definition update notifications are emailed even when it's set to email notifications for Warnings Only or even Errors Only for that matter!

XXX 7/22/2018 10:52:40 AM - During execution of Kernel on the computer XXXX, the following event occurred: Detection Engine was successfully updated to version 17758 (20180722).

Edited by MarcFL

Update:  They are aware of the bug and a pre-release fix is available.  You can wait for this fix to automatically update when it is released or you can obtain a pre-release version if you wish.

A newer module is available - Configuration module (33): 1685.11
To view the currently installed version of this module, click on Help & Support, About Eset, Installed Components...
To obtain this update, please enable pre-release updates.To enable pre-release updates in your ESET Windows home product, visit: hxxp://support.eset.com/zap/kb3415/ 

Edited by MarcFL

If you are having this issue, report the bug here Please:   https://www.eset.com/int/support/contact/

Summary of Bug:   In Eset NOD32 v11.2.49.0 , when “Send Event Notifications by Email” is ON and “Minimum Verbosity for Notifications” is set to Warning or Errors, an email is STILL generated every time a successful definition update is completed.

Example Email:  8/1/2018 20:17:36 PM - During execution of Kernel on the computer XXXX, the following event occurred: Detection Engine was successfully updated to version 17813 (20180801).

This is a verified bug in Eset as discussed previously.  I manage over 20 home/small business computers with Eset NOD32 11.2.49.  ALL have the same issue.

Edited by MarcFL

Just registered a new install. Didn't enable email notifications due to this mess. Once I'm done with the licenses I have I'm  really thinking of switching to Fsecure. Really upset at the lack of response from ESET. Have recommended them for years to my clients but lately it seems they just don't care!

• Administrators

It was already confirmed as a bug and fixed. The fix will be included in the next hotfix. I will check if it's possible to provide you with a fixed binary in the mean time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2018 at 7:03 AM, Marcos said:

It was already confirmed as a bug and fixed. The fix will be included in the next hotfix. I will check if it's possible to provide you with a fixed binary in the mean time. 

I just migrated all my devices from the totally bugged Bitdefender 2019 to very impressive ESET and I'm facing exactly the same issue - unfortunately.

Running the most recent ESET Internet Security version 11.2.63.0 on Windows 10 Pro x64 1803.

So it seems like ESET didn't push the promised hotfix until today ?

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Edited by NVMe

• Administrators

So it seems like ESET didn't push the promised hotfix until today ?

The fix was made to v12 which will be available later this year. Currently we don't plan to release any further v11.2 hotfixes since v12 is virtually  imminent.

Ok that's very useful information, thanks a lot Marcos.

I'll then deactivate email notifications until v12 is rolling out.

Thanks again for your super quick reply and support.

• 3 weeks later...

Eset v12 Released - fixing the issue:  https://support.eset.com/news7047/

You can update by clicking on the Eset Icon in your tray, then select Update, Check For Updates and finally Update Now.  You'll need to reboot after the update.  Then turn email notifications back on if you turned them off due to the bug (Advanced Setup, Tools, Email Notifications).

Edited by MarcFL