COStark26

Have Any V10 Users Inst'd MBAM 3.0?

18 posts in this topic

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/41-malwarebytes-30/

I'm trying to get the courage to install a new MBAM 3.0 Beta Installer that reportedly fixes a lot of issues that early users have suffered through.

3.0 is an AV substitute along with malware, anti-exploit, ransomware, etc. Security Features, so I'm surprised that no one has posted Anything in THIS Forum about MBAM 3 experiences.

Any ESS V10/ MBAM 3.0  feedback is appreciated when knowledge of - or - actual experience allow.

 

Edited by COStark26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are you surprised? ESET covers everything you described (malware, anti-exploit, ransomware) so why would you install MBAM v 3.0 along ESET?????

Edited by novice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, novice said:

Why are you surprised? ESET covers everything you described (malware, anti-exploit, ransomware) so why would you install MBAM v 3.0 along ESET?????

I've run ESS and MBAM Premium (real-time) for years believing with no conflicts I was better protected. MBAM has been consistently recommended here for certain problem resolutions, so why not?

I just discovered 3.0 MBAM existed (3.0 expands its Security Features a lot over what I originally bought and it's Free to Premium 2.0 licensees) and want to try it believing if the two don't conflict / slow my computer down I'm (again) better protected. I'd certainly listen to ESET experts who offered technical reasons why they shouldn't co-exist.

Edited by COStark26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, COStark26 said:

I'd certainly listen to ESET experts who offered technical reasons why they shouldn't co-exist.

Not an "expert" opinion but you could figure out this by yourself:

When MBAM  was just an "antimalware" designed to run alongside your antivirus, it was tolerated somehow and made "compatible"

Now MBAM 3 claims to be an antivirus replacement, so in fact is a competitor; I can guarantee you that will be 100% incompatible with each and any antivirus on the market.

Edited by novice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, COStark26 said:

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/41-malwarebytes-30/

I'm trying to get the courage to install a new MBAM 3.0 Beta Installer that reportedly fixes a lot of issues that early users have suffered through.

3.0 is an AV substitute along with malware, anti-exploit, ransomware, etc. Security Features, so I'm surprised that no one has posted Anything in THIS Forum about MBAM 3 experiences.

Any ESS V10/ MBAM 3.0  feedback is appreciated when knowledge of - or - actual experience allow.

 

.I have EIS v10.0.390.0 On my Windows 7 x64 Pro system and a lifetime licensed user of MBAM I tried several v3 releases but because of the problems, which were many, I have removed it. I found it to be to much of a hassle for the reward of using it. I'll wait till they get the kinks out to see if it works. If it does, great.

This is not to say that you may install it and be on your way. 

At the very least I would strongly recommend that you make an image of your drive prior to installing v3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally i would give it a miss at the moment. Have tried to install each of the minor versions of v3 since its release and they all froze after install and uninstalling them was just as bad ...... the uninstaller never actually completed but after waiting about 5 mins i done a shutdown and restart and it was uninstalled properly without any further action.

It might work fine as a standalone product but personally i would never leave my ESET product and use any other vendors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The combination of ESET and MBAM has been discussed here many many times (Arakasi did a wonderful write up on it). Up until MBAM V3, everything has been fine as they both work well together and complimented each other. I too have a lifetime license, but I am waiting on V3. It's my understanding that support/updates for v2whatever will cease like (maybe) May of this year (I'd have to check my records to be sure). I did try a early version of 3 and had some issues. So I'm just waiting at this point in time. I think there may be issues with the uninstaller as cyberhash alluded to. I have some time to watch and wait and then make a decision.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I to have a lifetime license and have been using Malwarebytes 3 for a bit. It seems a lot more stable the last few days as before that It's protection kept turning off. I haven't had any issues with eset and malwarebytes as far as I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, peteyt said:

I to have a lifetime license and have been using Malwarebytes 3 for a bit. It seems a lot more stable the last few days as before that It's protection kept turning off. I haven't had any issues with eset and malwarebytes as far as I know.

Thanks for all of the the Comments.

I've been following the Really Problematic release of 3.0 and noted the Sticky (currently 1st in 3.0 Forum) that just appeared for a Pre-release Beta Dnload Link that allegedly Corrects Many of the problems I've been reading about.

Peteyt, IF you chance this Dnload they say they'll auto-update it if they make any changes to the final release . TomFace, I concur with your approach but I won't give up using it until the App proves it just isn't workable. I'm just biding my time, like you, for the most logical "trial" attempt, and the 3.0 Forum users will surely let you know how things are progressing - or not. The ESS users were obviously very relevant to my final decision. SCR, a user of my Macrium Reflect (imaging) has confirmed the Fix for the Ransomware/SVI file data garbage issue, and I'll definitely make the Image. Sorry you trialed it too early as they'll surely get this fixed.

Thanks again to all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, COStark26 said:

Thanks for all of the the Comments.

I've been following the Really Problematic release of 3.0 and noted the Sticky (currently 1st in 3.0 Forum) that just appeared for a Pre-release Beta Dnload Link that allegedly Corrects Many of the problems I've been reading about.

Peteyt, IF you chance this Dnload they say they'll auto-update it if they make any changes to the final release . TomFace, I concur with your approach but I won't give up using it until the App proves it just isn't workable. I'm just biding my time, like you, for the most logical "trial" attempt, and the 3.0 Forum users will surely let you know how things are progressing - or not. The ESS users were obviously very relevant to my final decision. SCR, a user of my Macrium Reflect (imaging) has confirmed the Fix for the Ransomware/SVI file data garbage issue, and I'll definitely make the Image. Sorry you trialed it too early as they'll surely get this fixed.

Thanks again to all!

I've updated to the Beta however the last few days I didn't notice any issues although the issues with parts of it's protection turning off seemed to happen at random. So far so good though.

It feels like version 3 came out of Beta too soon as it's been very buggy. However as a lifetime license user I'm happy that they are still honouring the lifetime license and that the lifetime license includes the ransomware and exploit stuff as previously you had to pay for the exploit stuff separately. I thought I was probably going to have to pay extra for it so was quite surprised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

IMHO Malwarebytes v3 is the absolute antithesis of ESET Smart Security. Whilst ESET SS is one of (if not the) lightest security products around, MB v3 is a severe memory/system resources hog, is full of bugs galore and feels like you're using a product from the 1980's.

As an example, my Thinkpad X220 notebook with intel i7 processor, running with Win 7 64 bit and 16gb ram only uses ~ 60mb of system memory for ESET SS yet when i installed the bloatware known as Malwarebytes v3.05 it used ~300mb of system memory, made my notebook fan spin almost constantly and worst of all, was making my notebook battery last less than 5 hours when i got at least 6 hrs with no MB bloatware installed.

On the plus side, I didn't find any conflicting issues between the 2 softwares but I removed MB  v3.05 almost immediately. The other day i re-installed MB v3.06 of MB and the same performance issues were still there and when i asked the forum mods why they aren't fixed in v3.06 i was told MB has always worked this way!!!

Needless to say I won't be going back to MB v3 anytime soon even though I was foolish enough to buy a lifetime licence on ebay.... :(

Edited by psychopomp1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, psychopomp1 said:

Hi,

IMHO Malwarebytes v3 is the absolute antithesis of ESET Smart Security. Whilst ESET SS is one of (if not the) lightest security products around, MB v3 is a severe memory/system resources hog, is full of bugs galore and feels like you're using a product from the 1980's.

As an example, my Thinkpad X220 notebook with intel i7 processor, running with Win 7 64 bit and 16gb ram only uses ~ 60mb of system memory for ESET SS yet when i installed the bloatware known as Malwarebytes v3.05 it used ~300mb of system memory, made my notebook fan spin almost constantly and worst of all, was making my notebook battery last less than 5 hours when i got at least 6 hrs with no MB bloatware installed.

On the plus side, I didn't find any conflicting issues between the 2 softwares but I removed MB  v3.05 almost immediately. The other day i re-installed MB v3.06 of MB and the same performance issues were still there and when i asked the forum mods why they aren't fixed in v3.06 i was told MB has always worked this way!!!

Needless to say I won't be going back to MB v3 anytime soon even though I was foolish enough to buy a lifetime licence on ebay.... :(

You can maybe use the lifetime license on previous versions. Looks like they are trying to fix the issues anyways. I didn't think they had any lifetime licenses left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll wait until the year 2060 for Malwarebytes v25 before i think of using my lifetime licence again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, psychopomp1 said:

I'll wait until the year 2060 for Malwarebytes v25 before i think of using my lifetime licence again!

Same here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I see MBAM is now pushing 3.0-so I'll re-ask the same question-anyone with V10 ESS install it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Installed it and it never ran properly, even trying to remove was an issue.

The old v2 is still fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, cyberhash said:

Installed it and it never ran properly, even trying to remove was an issue.

The old v2 is still fine

That's what I figured. I thought I still had a month or 2 before the REAL push...I just unchecked the version update box so I'll see what happens in the morning. Thanks C-hash!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.