HIPS Inactive in latest update by windows 10 Os10586.17

khairulaizat92

Hi there,

this problem occured on my client PC that update to the latest update by microsoft (as 03 Disember 2015). But it did not happened to Laptop or PC that already installed with ESET before the update (Need more proof, this claim based on my own laptop), it only happened to the PC that freshly new reset and update of the windows 10 (Which my client sent to me for reinstalling the windows or upgrade to windows 10 - fresh install and reset).

On the log it said:

Communication with the driver failed. HIPS is inactive.

User Rules files contain invalid data.

And this is not windows insider update release, its fully official release (as i installed it for my client). 

This could be fixed by enabling ESET Pre Release Update at Setup> Advance Setup> Update>Basic>Update type Change it from regular to pre-release.

Why im reporting this? because i think it might be a bug. If this a duplicate post, Im very2 sorry as i might not realize it.

Anyway, hope ESET improving alot more, and thanks for your hardwork.

• Most Valued Members

This occurs with the current build downloaded from ESET since the Win 10 Threshold 2 update, as the current build contains older HIPS that won't be updated until ESS or NOD32 is activated and updated.

When the update is complete, the two log entries you mentioned are shown to the user as well.

HIPS will remain inactive and continue to have this occur until the user restarts Windows 10 for the updated HIPS to take effect, not shutdown (due to fast boot).

I suspect that this will be resolved when ESET releases an updated build soon that already contains compatible HIPS to avoid this.

Until then, this will always occur for all users if installing ESS or NOD32 on Windows 10 Threshold 2.

Edited by planet

• Administrators

This occurs with the current build downloaded from ESET since the Win 10 Threshold 2 update, as the current build contains older HIPS that won't be updated until ESS or NOD32 is activated and updated.

When the update is complete, the two log entries you mentioned are shown to the user as well.

HIPS will remain inactive and continue to have this occur until the user restarts Windows 10 for the updated HIPS to take effect, not shutdown (due to fast boot).

I suspect that this will be resolved when ESET releases an updated build soon that already contains compatible HIPS to avoid this.

Until then, this will always occur for all users if installing ESS or NOD32 on Windows 10 Threshold 2.

Well said, most likely that's the case.

Ah, forgot to mention, restart did not workout if it restart even after being activate and updated. But again, im testing it in short time (which is within 30 minutes after update installation) so i cant be sure if restart will work after few restart or hours or few days (As again im installing it for my client). Anyway hope the latest build will be release soon.