Can't resize UI in ESS v9

Go to solution Solved by shocked,

Just upgraded fromm ESS ver 8 to ver 9

I expected the UI to look different - there are fashions to webpages and applications just like anything else.

However, I didn't expect a decrease in user-friendliness.

I can't resize/maximise the network connection window or the log file window, which renders them frustrating at best and at worst, useless compared to version 8.

I don't see why this change has been made, given that the advanced setup screen can be resized and maximised.

I use a desktop PC with a 21" monitor, and I don't want my experience to be constrained by software that thinks everyone uses a tablet or smartphone.

• Administrators

You should be able to open them in a new window which is resizable. There's an icon for this to the left of the question mark icon that opens up on-line help.

Unfortunately "Running processes" window has no such icon.

And I also think the regular UI should be resizable itself.

Edited by User

I too find it annoying that when you resize a screen the resizing is not remembered; It goes back to default on exit.

This is especially frustrating with the firewall rules edit screen. The default size is very cramped.

ESS 9.0.318,0 with prerelease update active

Windows 7 (64) fully updated

• 2 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members
  • Solution

I've had enough of this new UI.  How do I obtain and reinstall version 8 ?

here

you will use the username and password you previously used with v8.

Edited by pavilion_alex

Please fix this broken UI in v9.x.  Ridiculous.  And while we are at it..."show splash screen at startup"?  What is this?  1995?  I hate this...and I hate that I have to disable it for each user that logs in.

• Most Valued Members

What is this?  1995? 

no, 2015. many programs have a splash screen at start up, eg. photoshop.

you can just leave it as is, it last for a second or two and disappears immediately. not such a big deal.

• 2 months later...

You should be able to open them in a new window which is resizable. There's an icon for this to the left of the question mark icon that opens up on-line help.

I cant find the icon to open "Network Connections" in a new window. Has this feature been removed?