error opening socket.

• Administrators

Do you update from a mirror created by ERA v5? I see that you have pre-release updates installed even though EFSW 4.5 doesn't allow for switching between regular and pre-release updates.

If possible, could you try uninstalling and installing EFSW from scratch to see if update from ESET's servers works?

• 2 weeks later...

Now, since last windows update, I've the same problem with EFS connected to local ERA 5.

ERA 5 // 20 EEA 5 clients - all connected and communicating = OK // 1 EMS client - connected and communicating = OK // 9 EFS clients - one on 32bit W2008R2 - connected and communicating = OK // 8 on 64bit W2012R2 - all 8 throw this same error.

I've tried to reinstall them (and also tried luck with uninstalling all applied windows updates on one windows server). After reinstall they work to the next reboot. After reboot they stop to communicate and throw "error opening socket" again.

I just had this same exact error today 9-24-15 on the eset server itself but everything else including workstations and other servers working just fine..Eset server console is connecting and seems to be getting the updates just fine, message stating last update was 17hrs ago..??