V9 - Beta - Activation

• Administrators

Unfortunately, build 10158 won't be supported as it's one of those for which Microsoft didn't make symbols for developers available.

Unfortunately, build 10158 won't be supported as it's one of those for which Microsoft didn't make symbols for developers available.

And 10159 build that was just released?

• ESET Insiders

New OFFICIAL 10158 out and of course I can't activate it...

The activation system in the older version's was MUCH BETTER.

same here. PLEASE fix it!

Agree, the old activation system was a lot easier. It just worked :) 

An activation system that won't work every update is frustrating for all.

• Members

(I posted this to an older thread but I just found this thread which is more appropriate.)

Activation, firewall and HIPS is broken on 10159 which is the new official release.  Also, after exprting my settings, reinstalling bet 9 to see if it resolved the issues, then importing my settings, I received an error stating that some of my settings were incompatible (with the same version they were exported from).

Reinstalling (twice) did not resolve the issues.

Please advise.

Thanks

eset 8.0.312 no longer works with  win 10  v10159 - it crushes  adobe flash player and internet connection

so we have no eset product for 10159 

but i`m sure that sooner or later we`ll have a good working version

Edited by teodor12

eset 8.0.312 no longer works with  win 10  v10159 - it crushes  adobe flash player and internet connection

so we have no eset product for 10159 

but i`m sure that sooner or later we`ll have a good working version

Antivirus 8 works properly here on 10159.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

can you please try to remove “LaunchProtected” from the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ekrn" on the builds, which are not yet fully supported, it should help.

Please let us know.

P.R.

• Members

Hello,

can you please try to remove “LaunchProtected” from the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ekrn" on the builds, which are not yet fully supported, it should help.

Please let us know.

P.R.

Okay, after removing "LaunchProtected" and rebooting, I was able to retrieve a definition update.  ESS acknowledges that I have a valid license.  I got a "serious (?) error" when it attempted to update the program module.

Firewall and HIPS remain broken and I still got the message about the settings.

One issue solved, 3 remain.

I look forward to any more suggestions.

Thanks

• Administrators

The latest build of Windows 10 that is officially supported is 10130 as crucial files for developers haven't been made for newer builds yet. When support for newer builds becomes available, we will announce it in this forum.

• Members

I've read that statement several times and I am aware of that.  I could always use another product if all I was concerned with was official support.  I am, however, trying to be a legitimate part of a beta testing team and report issues as Windows 10 releases will continue even beyond RTM.  Therefore, I am also trying to make myself and my systems available for testing which includes testing possible remedies to errors as the development continues.

When ESET receives the proper dev kits to continue development and testing, feel free to reach out to me.

Thanks

• Administrators

when we can expect eset to fix this? after 29. july or earlier? thnx

please give me answer

I'm sorry but we are not Microsoft. It's their turn as they should provide developers with stuff needed for developing drivers like HIPS or Self-defense.

Please Marcos , will we be able to use "old" eset 8 keys   on eset 9 product ? How ?

Eset license administrator not working for me

Edited by teodor12

The latest build of Windows 10 that is officially supported is 10130 as crucial files for developers haven't been made for newer builds yet. When support for newer builds becomes available, we will announce it in this forum.

The Windows 10 SDK for builds up to 10158 has been released on the 30th of june:

hxxp://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2015/06/30/windows-10-sdk-preview-build-10158-released/

• Most Valued Members

Installed v9 beta on win 10 x64 build 10162. Cant get any internet access whatsoever even when everything is temporarily disabled via gui. Worked fine on build 10130 ..........

Everything was working fine before installing v9 beta ........ MS problem or ESET ??

I have the sam Version x64 Build 10162 German of Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview.

I can't activate the ESET v9.0.111.0 beta on my System.

I hope you can help us.

Edited by Harald_Nigg

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Insiders

which final build are u talking about ? can't be be Eset as registration still sucks like hell, if it's W10 it's a wrong assertion, you'd better call it pre rtm, it would be more accurate ;)

• Administrators

Modules with support for Win 10 build 10240 are already available. If you have been running v9 on a previous build and upgrade to the latest build, it should work fine. However, if you perform a new install on Win 10 build 10240, you'll need to use newer v9 installers that will released after July 20.