Slow performance while browsing in Chrome

As I have mentioned earlier Eset doesn't disable Win 7 FW i.e Win FW section shows in red colour & managed by Eset.

But Win FW advanced settings shows Private/Public "ON" & I manually "OFF" these. Could disabling these be the reason for browsing slowdown?

I mean does Eset FW works with Win FW & need these "ON" & that's why Eset FW doesn't "OFF" these or Eset FW is not dependent on Win FW & it is safe to "OFF" these?

Not sure about this. I don't think ESET will fail to work properly if Windows FW is completely disabled. If this is the case, then there is no point having ESS firewall installed in the system. However, ESET FW is implemented with Windows Filtering Platform but that shouldn't be the case unless disable Windows FW would also disable the Windows Filtering Platform. 

About the firewall...

Yes it works with WFP, so it should look like this:

post-3952-0-12155900-1415554158_thumb.png

(I already told this in this topic...)

The "private/public" settings shown there should be the same as you set in ESS. Additionally you normally shouldn't be able to change them in the Windows firewall settings.

About VSD pre-release updates: The procedure you described is correct. Enable them, update the VSD and check out if the issue still persists with the module Marcos mentioned (Internet protection module 1185). You can check the module list in the about box.

And ESS surely don't pick the wrong IP. Of course it picks the local IP of your device and besides this in the zones editor the (automatically added) local zones of course includes other IPs of your LAN too. I would just recommend to leave the entry there and don't delete it.

Couple of things

1) earlier you mentioned testing your speed, how did you test it?

2) are you willing to at least try Firefox to determine if the problem persists outside of Chrome?

After reading this thread I installed Chrome (I use Firefox as my main browser) and tested my speed with Ookla's (www.speedtest,net)

Same results with Firefox and Chrome, 80Mb down and 10Mb up. Rogers is my ISP and my package is 60Mb down and 10Mb up. Rogers has a feature called speedboost that will temporarily increase your bandwidth if network traffic is light (helps with their speedtest results lol)

Now for the trickier part ... if Firefox tests fine on your system, is there a burning reason to keep using Chrome? I have always stayed out of the "such and such browser is faster" discussion because I just don't see it. In my experience, all the browsers run at the same speed just look a little different while doing it. If I want faster internet, I upgrade my service for more bandwidth /shrug.

I use Firefox for only 2 reasons ... 1st is that IE 11 gives an error while closing, and I prefer to not have to click OK every time I close my browser. 2nd is that I have found Firefox to be more compatible with the web-based GUI for various network gear. That 2nd reason is actually why I don't use Chrome (instead of IE) ... Chrome's track record with web-based network GUI has been rough in my experience.

Anyways, as a troubleshooting tool I feel it makes a lot of sense to see if the problem on your system is slaved to Chrome exclusively. If it is, then I would think ESET support could look into it for you.

I had tried latest Firefox, at that time FF was at version 36.0.3. I had tested for an hour & during that time I had no prob like Chrome.

But FF sometimes use to hang for 15-20 secs & this was an irritating prob. Quite a few users have mentioned this prob.

I had also tried 36.0.4 but the same hang prob.

I also tried Cyberfox 32 & 64 Bits & had the same 15-20 secs hang prob.

I am not sure but guess FF has some probs with Adobe Flash i.e No Flash installed, I didn't had the hang prob for 30 mins test browsing with both FF & CF.

But cant be sure Flash is the prob as mentioned the test browsing was just 30 mins.

But yes, with FF & Flash installed, I get the hang prob quickly. And the hang prob appears on random HTTPS sites & mouse cannot be moved.

I had mentioned the prob on Wilders & came to know that some users facing & some not facing this prob.

I had tried latest Firefox, at that time FF was at version 36.0.3. I had tested for an hour & during that time I had no prob like Chrome.

But FF sometimes use to hang for 15-20 secs & this was an irritating prob. Quite a few users have mentioned this prob.

I am not sure but guess FF has some probs with Adobe Flash i.e No Flash installed, I didn't had the hang prob for 30 mins test browsing with both FF & CF.

But cant be sure Flash is the prob as mentioned the test browsing was just 30 mins.

But yes, with FF & Flash installed, I get the hang prob quickly. And the hang prob appears on random HTTPS sites & mouse cannot be moved.

I had mentioned the prob on Wilders & came to know that some users facing & some not facing this prob.

I do also have hang problem but the hang problem has already occurred before I installed ESET, so definitely not ESET problem. Are you sure it is related to ESET? My system will only hang when everytime I surf FB and few other websites. Edited by yongsua

I do also have hang problem but the hang problem has already occurred before I installed ESET, so definitely not ESET problem. Are you sure it is related to ESET? My system will only hang when everytime I surf FB and few other websites.

I meant its Firefox prob. Its not Eset related.

@yesnoo

If you say it's related to HTTPS sites do you have SSL scanning enabled?

Its not Eset related.

Its Firefox prob.

• 11 months later...

I found a solution for slow Chrome because of the ESS or Bitdefender or any other AV.

1. Open cmd in admin mode
2. bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off 
3. restart!

Let me know how it went!