Description:  Allow URL addresses beside IP/IP Ranges input in Firewall Rules
Detail:  Since Firewall Rules can only use IP/IP Ranges in Rules blocking for example this connections for privacy and GDRP listed in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/privacy/windows-endpoints-1803-non-enterprise-editions  it's not possible.

The feature is already implemented in WEB AND EMAIL > Web access protection > URL ADDRESS MANAGEMENT but that works only for browser.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, nonamelab said:

Description:  Allow URL addresses beside IP/IP Ranges input in Firewall Rules

This is not possible since only IP addresses are known to the firewall. Unlike firewall, web access protection works at the highest application level in the OSI model and has information about hostnames as well.

image.png

You can try enabling SSL/TLS filtering for all applications under Web and email -> SSL/TLS -> Filtering mode: Policy mode.

In case of any issues with SSL/TLS filtering in certain applications, you can adjust SSL/TLS scan mode for particular applications:

image.png

Hi,
Enable parental control --> block the uncategorized website (for having robust web filtering)then open a website that has now category so Eset block it but you may want to allow this URL fast.

It Would be good if Eset provides an option to unblock websites by password from the browser(or from the parental control log), not Eset parental control settings. its easier to manage,

Also, Eset hips show the loaded drivers but it doesn't show the digital signature for them.I like to see the signature.driver.PNG.7f5494ffa6e6ae3e38ff05fdd6265c22.PNG

Edited by persian-boy

8 minutes ago, galaxy said:

If the theme was dark it would look even better

Please no. 

Instead, simplify advanced settings...

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, nexon said:

Instead, simplify advanced settings...

Actually advanced users love the ability to customize numerous settings. Common users don't need to go to the advanced setup at all since ESET products provide well-balanced protection out of the box.

19 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Actually advanced users love the ability to customize numerous settings. Common users don't need to go to the advanced setup at all since ESET products provide well-balanced protection out of the box.

I understand but i mean in older version like 3 or 4 is much better and easier advanced settings. Now i must finding few minutes or simply must search in search box.

On 8/17/2018 at 1:09 PM, Marcos said:

This is not possible since only IP addresses are known to the firewall. Unlike firewall, web access protection works at the highest application level in the OSI model and has information about hostnames as well.

image.png

You can try enabling SSL/TLS filtering for all applications under Web and email -> SSL/TLS -> Filtering mode: Policy mode.

In case of any issues with SSL/TLS filtering in certain applications, you can adjust SSL/TLS scan mode for particular applications:

I understand this but those domain names still have to be resolved by the DNS before becoming IP addresses. I want a more granular access customization since Microsoft doesn't also display the processes names that access those domains so i can't be sure what i allow or deny.

Does ESET Command Line allows adding/removing/updating only of Firewall Rules ?

Edited by nonamelab

10 hours ago, nonamelab said:

I understand this but those domain names still have to be resolved by the DNS before becoming IP addresses. I want a more granular access customization since Microsoft doesn't also display the processes names that access those domains so i can't be sure what i allow or deny.

Does ESET Command Line allows adding/removing/updating only of Firewall Rules ?

I think it can be done via "internet protection / web access protection / URL address management"

https://help.eset.com/essp/11.2/en-US/idh_config_epfw_scan_http_address_list.html

Never mind fixed with a DNS proxy cache software that accept regular expressions as inputs for block rules. What i asked can be made possible if ESET would integrate a DNS module to replace Windows one , this way no more unwanted connections and very granular control over what domains can and cannot access programs that already have a allow rule in ESET Firewall.

Next step is a home made cheap pc with linux to act as a router, firewall etc for all my network. Guess buying a 3 years ESET Security subscription was a mistake for my current needs

Edited by nonamelab

I honestly don't know if this has been asked before BUT, given the fact that you now have an online service that accounts for all the licenses and installations of Eset products for every user, (In my case, for example, I have a 6 device license and manage then all through the manager) wouldn't it be possible to add some sort of sync option that would allow the home users to deploy the installs with the same settings across devices???

I mean I have Eset Internet Security on all my pc's and I have to go one by one setting them up and making sure they all run the same settings, if you could automate this process it would be awesome.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Es tut mir leid, aber ich habe keine Ahnung, was Sie meinen, indem Sie Dateien zurückrollen.

If an infestation of a ransomware occurs that when it is noticed the data is restored

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, galaxy said:

If an infestation of a ransomware occurs that when it is noticed the data is restored

It is not possible. If we had to back up every file, e.g. when the user intentionally moves files to a password protected archive, the computer could become unuseable. Ransomware often encrypts media files and such files may be dozens of GBs in size. The rollback setting is in the advanced update setup.

Galaxy that is what backups and the built in Previous Version feature is for.

There is another antivirus product that claims they can do this, but their own engineers on their own website admit it doesn't work lol.