Hide email address from ESET Home

gamamew
Go to solution Solved by Minimalist,

I've been looking into de documentation and the internet, but I can't find an answer to this.

Is there a way to hide the visibility of my email address on the ESET HOME account menu?

The thing is this PC is used by other people using a regular Windows 10 local account (not a local Administrator), but I can't find a way to those people of seeing the email address when opening the NOD32 interface.

NJHPXDO.png

• Most Valued Members

From your local admin , Go to ESET Settings and protect it with password and then hide the GUI to Terminal

Then when logged in from normal local account , the normal user will not be able to see the GUI because it's hidden , and only can be started by an administrator(Run as Administrator) or from Administrator account run normally

14 hours ago, gamamew said:

I already set the password to the settings, but I can't find the option to hide the GUI:

If the Eset GUI is password protected, you will be the only one able to open the GUI. As such, display of your e-mail address in the Eset Home section of the GUI by other PC users is a moot point.

Edited by itman

• ESET Insiders
  • Solution
13 hours ago, itman said:

If the Eset GUI is password protected, you will be the only one able to open the GUI. As such, display of your e-mail address in the Eset Home section of the GUI by other PC users is a moot point.

Unfortunately not. Password protect will only protect settings from changes. Even when set, you can still open GUI and see your email address.

• Most Valued Members

The suggestion for password was if there was a Terminal mode in NOD32 Desktop Edition , I thought there is , it is my mistake.

By that way the GUI can only be started by Windows Administrator, and if changes were to be made to ESET settings , it will ask for a password, I know that even by setting the password it can be still seen.

10 hours ago, Minimalist said:

Unfortunately not. Password protect will only protect settings from changes. Even when set, you can still open GUI and see your email address.

Yes, it appears that is the case.

The solution is for Eset to remove PII data such as e-mail address from the Eset Home screen. Why it's there in the first place is beyond me. Actually, I do know why it is shown. To reduce support request activity from individuals that set up an incorrect e-mail address or now using a different one. In other words, to save an "Eset buck." If Eset put forth the same effort in malware detection that they did for their ungodly licensing processing, we would all benefit from a better product.

15 hours ago, Minimalist said:

I see, that's pretty unfortunate.

Anyway thanks for your answers.

BTW - you don't need to use an Eset Home account. All it provides is the ability to manage multiple licenses remotely. If you have a single Eset license, there really is no need for an Eset Home account.

You can also delete your existing Eset Home account which would solve your Eset e-mail account display issues.