ESET Security For Windows 16.0.22.0 Slow!

Hello ESET Forum. i am trying to update Virus definitions on my Windows PC and it's updating 167 Megabytes So slow on Rain 5G.

Why is it so slow? i am getting 6.4MB/second downloading from microsoft every other online service is super fast.

i am just trying out ESET Smart Security Premium for 30 days.

• ESET Insiders

I reinstall Eset frequently and initial definition update can be slow. Sometimes it takes few seconds (that's rarely) to download update, other times it can take even few minutes.

I believe it's a problem of their CDN provider. Their network speeds are not stable. At least not here where I live.

Similar experience here for many years. Sometimes the initial update is fast, but most of the time it's very slow. My average download speed is 3.2 MB/s, but ESET's initial update most of the time speeds between 20-80 KB/s for me. 

• Administrators
6 hours ago, JeremyPepler said:

Hello ESET Forum. i am trying to update Virus definitions on my Windows PC and it's updating 167 Megabytes So slow on Rain 5G.

You seem to be from South Africa, is that correct? We could assist you with finding out the number of hops and the overall latency. Here the speed is relatively high, between 4-8 MB/s during an update that I've just run:

image.png

Another complete modules update - 20-35 MB/s:

image.png