Outlook Issues with version 9.1.2051

We have Outlook issues with a lots of our clients on many different networks so I know its not a local software issue

Just reporting it here see if anyone else is having the same issue

We are getting outlook crashing, hanging and running very slow.

As a temp work around we have disabled the Outlook Plug-in globally this is not ideal

Sure ESET will release a fix soon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
8 minutes ago, Matt Chapman said:

We also have a large amount of our customers with this issue and have been having to disable the outlook plugin as a temporary measure.

Does temporarily disabling only antispam help?

Unfortunately, the only way for me to test is to run this live. At the moment we just have the outlook plugin disabled with the our ESET Protect policy for affected which did resolve the issue but obviously not a permanent fix.

I will see if I can test with just the ant-spam module disabled and let you know.

+1 #CASE_00400747 

we have build a testmaschine to find out that eset is the issues.

Customer reportet very slow Outlook, even in Online mode with all computers. 

+ Mails in outbox hangs. 

Only disable the eset outlook plugin let outlook run in normal speed. 

feels bad to let the customers without Outlook Virus-scan .. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, TMCMG said:

Only disable the eset outlook plugin let outlook run in normal speed.

Does temporarily disabling antispam and re-enabling integration with Outlook make a difference?

Please provide logs created as follows:

1. Close MS Outlook and make sure it's not among running processes
  2. Enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
  3. Launch MS Outlook and reproduce the issue.
  4. STOP logging.
  5. Collect logs with ESET Log Collector and provide the generated archive.

I also have some users reporting intermittent Outlook crashes and we are not alone

Disabling Outlook Integration or rolling back to Endpoint Security 9.0.2046.0 have both worked as temporary mitigations for me while I was trying to trace/prove the bug.

• 2 months later...

MS 365 Outlook - Desktop APP with Zixmail plugin and ESET Ednpoint AV 9.1.2057.0 Plugin. Windows 10 Pro 21H2
after updating MS365 to (Build 15629.20156) it will crash every few mins.
if I uncheck Zixmail plugin it's stable on the current build.
If I revert to MS 365 build [Version 2208 (Build 15601.20148) everything is good no issues.

https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/OfficeDocs-OfficeUpdates/issues/360

• Administrators

We'll be releasing a new service release of Endpoint v9.1.2060 later this week. Please stay tuned and install it, when available. It will contain several fixes in the Outlook plug-in which might address also your issue.

On 10/11/2022 at 9:31 AM, Marcos said:

We'll be releasing a new service release of Endpoint v9.1.2060 later this week. Please stay tuned and install it, when available. It will contain several fixes in the Outlook plug-in which might address also your issue.

New ESET Version released today 

https://www.eset.com/us/business/download/endpoint-antivirus-windows/

Along with Oct 11th 2022 Office Update.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdates/update-history-microsoft365-apps-by-date?source=docs

Version 2209: October 11

Version 2209 (Build 15629.20208)

I will keep you posted on status in about 7 days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Not for me it hasn't...

I am running;

ESET Endpoint Security 9.1.2060.0

Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2210 Build 16.0.15726.20070) 64-bit 

If I have "Integrate into Microsoft Outlook" enabled it appears to work, but if I then "Enable email client antispam", Outlook stops responding.

Phil

• Administrators
On 11/4/2022 at 12:05 PM, Phil Moore said:

If I have "Integrate into Microsoft Outlook" enabled it appears to work, but if I then "Enable email client antispam", Outlook stops responding.

If you are willing to try the latest plug-in, we could provide it to you for testing. It will have to be uninstalled prior to upgrading to a newer version of Endpoint in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
3 hours ago, Georgi Stoychev said:

I would like to ask if there is any progress on the topic, as people from our team have also started to experience such issue?

Are you having issues after upgrading Endpoint to the latest version 9.1.2060 ?

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Georgi Stoychev said:

Hi! Yes, the issue still persists after updating to Endpoint Security 9.1.2060.

What exact issues are you having with v9.1.2060? I'd recommend opening a support ticket and request the latest plug-in with further optimizations for testing.

1 minute ago, Marcos said:

What exact issues are you having with v9.1.2060? I'd recommend opening a support ticket and request the latest plug-in with further optimizations for testing.

It appears that when using the Outlook desktop app, our team members experience big latency in receiving new emails, the app becomes incredibly slow to a point where it’s not workable, and becomes unresponsive after a couple of clicks.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Georgi Stoychev said:

It appears that when using the Outlook desktop app, our team members experience big latency in receiving new emails, the app becomes incredibly slow to a point where it’s not workable, and becomes unresponsive after a couple of clicks.

According to the developers, the latest plug-in currently available for testing should address this kind of issues.

23 minutes ago, Marcos said:

According to the developers, the latest plug-in currently available for testing should address this kind of issues.

Do you have an approximate ETA when this plugin will be generally available?

• Administrators

I

1 hour ago, Georgi Stoychev said:

Do you have an approximate ETA when this plugin will be generally available?

It's preliminary scheduled for January 2023.

• 3 weeks later...

I am also experiencing this issue on version 9.1.2060.0. Outlook often hangs and becomes unresponsive if shared mailboxes are connected.

I have played around with the settings. This is what I am currently using and this seems to work better, although it is too soon to tell.

image.png.8fd6e75e07254b6e6a9426d10ac11e17.png

image.png.487ae146cfaffe7882f1962628b3b789.png

@Marcos, Support mentioned that the new plugin they are working on has the same effect as disabling the "advanced email client processing" setting. Do you know if this is indeed the case?

• Administrators

To quote developers: Disabling "Advanced email client processing" disables some of the new features which may help resolve some issues with slow accounts.

We believe that the latest version of the Outlook plug-in which will be included in the next Endpoint v10 hotfix scheduled for Jan 2023 will eventually resolve the performance issues without the need to disable plug-in settings.